Introduction

Mack Morgan

Unverified
Greetings from Idaho..
Hey there, so I have for a year now been reading on this forum and others like it and want to start out by saying
....THANK YOU ALL PRIOR AND PAST FOR ALL YOUR INFO AND SERVICE..
I have for the last 4 years had a huge regret for not being in the service. I have been making up various excuses as why I have not, until about a year ago when I realized that my main excuse was not a valid enough on for me to wake up with regret in my heart.
I have a 5 year old son that I fought tooth and nail for just partial custody (couldn't take his mother away completey with a clean heart..idaho is also a mothers state) and he was my main and really only excuse as to why I had not signed the papers.. At 18 i was talking to recruiters quite a bit and was very close to enlisting as a combat medic when I found out my ex wife was pregnant at that point In my life I could not with a clean heart enlist and feel as though I was "Running from my duties" and be ok with it....
So fast forward to now and I am turning 25 in a couple months and for the past year I have really been doing some evaluating on myself, my legacy and my future...
I shoot long range competitions with a retired Ranger sniper and a retired Navy sniper and have been picking their brains for quite some time now.
I have come to the conclusion that I am enlisting and I have decided that the Air Force is where is right for me.
After I made this decision I have went into some self evaluation and decided that I would like the honor to serve in a red beret, after this decision I talked with a local SWAT guy I shoot with and he put me in touch with a CCT.
Now my uncle was a CCT in the army late 80s early 90s and I have talked with him immensely about his role, so I have a slight idea on that position.
That position intrigued me immensely and it is not ruled out as of yet but the position that I feel my heart is pointing towards is Para Rescue.
After I found out I was having my son I decided no military for now and I went to EMT school. Which I carried my EMT B and EMT A cert and registry for, did not get a job in the industry as it is cut throat and very little spot light unless you are a paramedic.. so the medical aspect has always been in my blood since early on even in highschool and beyond...

fast forward to today 6/18/17
I have now started a 30 week training schedule given to me by my CCT mentor
Started a diet plan to fuel the beast and have started the plan to have the honor of serving next to you hero's .....

I would appreciate any advice anyone has for me as knowledge and information are a valuable commodity...
Thank you and have a good one..

Mack

Welcome aboard! Best of success to you on your future goals and objectives.

Welcome to the site. Point of order, your uncle was not a CCT in the Army. CCT is a USAF only job. The Army has air traffic controllers, and they have a Pathfinder school, but they do not have CCTs. ATC AIT and a Pathfinder badge does not a CCT make. Not even close.

Hey man, welcome-
I hear ya when you say you regret it, but it's never too late! You're making the moves to go in, and that's a great thing! I got out of the USMC about a year ago after 5 1/2 years, and it was tough, but it is something I never regret, as I imagine you will not either. Best of luck on your future journey.

Thanks for the clarification CDG
He took part in the war games on Lake Michigan and was in charge of directing naval fire and air support for the army in the field and for the war games.
Welcome to the site. Point of order, your uncle was not a CCT in the Army. CCT is a USAF only job. The Army has air traffic controllers, and they have a Pathfinder school, but they do not have CCTs. ATC AIT and a Pathfinder badge does not a CCT make. Not even close.

Thanks for the hospitality everyone.
You will be seeing more of me I hope.

Back