Introduction

BlackSheep05

Unverified
Hello!

I would first like to thank all the service men and women on this site for allowing me to join and for creating an immensely helpful site for those of us entering the military.

I have been lurking on this site for about two years and after reading numerous introductions and witnessing some missteps in certain threads from some members I hope I have learned enough to produce a solid introduction.

I have been a military wannabe since a young age, however as I neared the time to enlist in my senior year I was convinced by myself and my family that I should go to college and get a degree first. I completed my first year with no issues and a high GPA. I am a huge science and math nerd, so I really enjoyed taking Chemistry, Biology, and Calculus. However, I had an unwavering urge to enlist throughout those two semesters, so I caved and went all in.

I secured a Corpsman contract and have been in the DEP for approximately six months. I am quickly approaching my ship date with only a month and a half to go. My ultimate goal is to become a SARC. I understand the journey is challenging and rigorous to say the least, so I plan on moving 25m target to 25m target until I get the opportunity to undergo screening. My first 25m target is to make it to Boot Camp uninjured and in the best shape possible.

During my research into SARC, I found the Recon Corpsman website that said prescreening was available for certain individuals before Boot Camp, but after having my recruiter email the POC given and receiving no response I figured the information may be dated. I am still pursuing avenues through my recruiters to see if they can pull any information out about potentially prescreening, however I understand if it is not possible.

Outside of my military aspirations, I am a huge hiking and fitness enthusiast. I enjoy participating in Terrain Races. My exercise regimen focuses around body weight exercises, weightlifting, running, rucking, and swimming. Although, the swimming is a work in progress.

It is a pleasure to be here and I hope to continue exploring the wealth of information as well as updating my progression through my journey in the Navy.

Best Regards,

BlackSheep05

Welcome aboard! Best of success to you on your future goals and objectives.

Back