Introduction

cappuccino

Unverified
Hello everyone, it is wonderful to be here! The reason I decided to join this forum is because I hope to one day be a part of the Special Operations community. I am 19 years old, currently enrolled in an online college program with Southern New Hampshire University. I am planning to finish my current term before enlisting into the United States Army. My goal is to secure an 11x opt. 4 contract, and hopefully down the road make my way toward the Special Operations side of the Army. The reason I am so interested in Special Operations is because of my father. He deployed to Iraq during OIF with the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion (which would later become part the 95th CA Brigade) and was the company commander of a CA company that was attached to the 10th Special Forces Group. He would always tell me stories about the SF guys he worked with, how level headed, focused, determined, yet calm and cool they were. These stories always had me interested in Special Forces. This year I finally had the honor of meeting a couple of retired Green Berets that he is still friends with, and that is when I knew that I wanted more than anything to be a part of that brotherhood. I had considered trying to enlist under an 18x contract, but have since decided that I would like to enlist into the regular Army first, and do some learning/maturing before trying to make my way to SFAS. I came to this forum to gain as much valuable insight, and knowledge, as I can on my long journey to one day, hopefully, joining the Special Operations community. It is an honor to be here, and I very much look forward to following the discussions here on ShadowSpear!

Back