Introduction

Dwar730

Unverified
Good afternoon everyone (or the proper greeting for whatever time it is where you are),

Thank you to everyone for your input on the forum. I've read quite a bit here and had quite a few questions answered prior to even creating a username here. From rucking to swimming, shoes, boots, pipelines, mindset, etc, I've been helped already so, again, thank you everyone.

I served 4.5 years in the Marine Corps, mostly in Lejeune and spent a year in Camp Leatherneck as a Corporal doing some "AT/FP" type things regarding biometrics/vetting/base security and so on.

I've been out of the Marine Corps for about 4 years and am seriously considering re-enlisting (no longer in IRR). If/when I do that, I expect it to be a Recon contract, serve some time there, re-evaluate my current situation at the time and potentially submit a package for MARSOC. If not Recon then maybe another job I THINK I will enjoy then MARSOC when I'm authorized to do so. When I first looked at it, back when MARSOC was a 3yr TAD and not even an MOS yet, I'm almost positive it was required that you had 2yrs in your MOS, among other requirements.

At the moment, I am working with Nick Koumalatsos's and Josh Honsberger's Marine R

Long story short, I may end up back in the Marine Corps and if I do I will be attending at least BRC, A&S or both. As far as what I have to offer, I don't any time serving in any special operations capacity, and only know what I've been told, unfortunately. I appreciate everything I've been able to get from this site already... very valuable information I didn't have to spend much time on, pay for or foster relationships to receive so I figured I ought to at least introduce myself.

Sorry for the wordy post.

Have a great day!
Don

Back