Introduction

bw10

Unverified
Hi All,

My name is Brian. I am a recent college grad (1 year out), currently working as a financial analyst while pursuing an 18x contract. I am not one for desk jobs, but appreciate the experience and opportunities it has afforded me.

Just a little bit about myself: Going into my undergrad school, I anticipated pursuing a career in LE after graduation. However, while I have the utmost respect for all of those in Blue, I ultimately decided that I would like to serve my country/community in a different manner.

While researching opportunities available to me in the military, I came upon those in the SOF community. I had some familiarity with these, but not to the extent necessary to decide on a career in one. After what's been about 2 years of research and consideration, I felt that the SF mission aligned most with what I would like to one day achieve.

I guess my true goal is to serve my country, and while SF is my desired a way of doing that, I would proudly serve in other unit within the military should I need to. I hope I have come across clearly in this post, and if not, please let me know and I will correct myself. As an aside, thank you to everyone that contributes to these types of forums. Almost every question I have had throughout my process so far has been answered on here in one way or another.

Welcome, Brian! I'm in a similar situation to yours. Graduated from college over a year ago and went into corporate sales management. I quickly found out that the desk life isn't for me. The pursuit of money cannot replace camaraderie and a sense of purpose. Currently waiting on an opt. 40 contract. Best of luck to you!

Back