Introduction

WFinch4

Unverified
Hello,
My name is Will Finch currently I work in manufacturing for a large corporation. I took the position out of college to get my feet wet. My background is the opposite of my career. High school I took law then law enforcement academy in a career technical school which I excelled in. Proceeded onto John Jay college of criminal justice to study international criminal justice graduating with a bachelors. During my time there I joined John Jay rifle and was trained under NCAA coach Vincent Maiorino former Military, and from what team members could guess something else. Proceeded to win 3 Mid Atlantic conference championships as well as awards as a leader and top shooter. Made captain and trained new shooters. My athletic background was football in middle school, wrestling in high school and rifle in college ( 3 position small bore and precision air mid Atlantic conference). Currently I train 2-3 times per day 6-7 days a week. As well as I work/shoot/ teach with a lot of LE and former Military shooting (carbine, pistol, rifle, shotgun, long range).

My current goal is to train up and proceed to either enlist or look about becoming an officer. I’ve looked at law enforcement, however since I was little I’ve always wanted to be In the military. I am one to not test the water and take it easy, I’m one to go straight to the deep end and test my limits. If I commit to this route I want to go after a challenge. I’ve trained a lot with friends who are former military one a Airforce CCT, another Army 13F and another Army airborne then contractor.
I would be looking about going the 11x route with Airborne in my contract or 18x route. Ultimately to go either 75 Ranger or SF. Ton of schools I see that interest me but don’t want to get ahead of my self.

Thanks guys definitely looking for a change. Biggest obstacle is the run training to cut it down, working with family who are big runners. (Boston marathon ny marathon) I figure I need sub 6min mile for 5 miles, strength wise I’m not too worried. I figure keep my head down and push and aim to try to finish first in everything worst comes to worst get 2nd.

Thanks guys definitely looking for a change. Biggest obstacle is the run training to cut it down, working with family who are big runners. (Boston marathon ny marathon) I figure I need sub 6min mile for 5 miles, strength wise I’m not too worried. I figure keep my head down and push and aim to try to finish first in everything worst comes to worst get 2nd. I have the best opportunity to move up in business but isn’t for me. At the end of the day I can’t look at my job and feel proud. I need to do something that matters.

Back