Introduction

cmahern

Unverified
I wish I had a really cool story to share about how I've wanted to join the military all my life or something to that extent - none of that from me today. 22 turning 23 in November and I finally decided I wanted to serve something bigger and be someone I could look back on and be proud of, when it was my turn to "punch out".

I don't belong to much of a military family, but my great uncle was a Maj G back in his day in the Air Force (passed away when I was 6-7 never recall meeting him or anything) and an extended family member is currently a recruiter but initially worked as a helicopter crew chief for PJs over in Afghanistan so I've had exposure mostly to the Air Force and this more of less led me down the rabbit hole of AF Special Warfare. My goal now is CCT.

I will own all of the mistakes I made after HS - I was dealing with family and personal issues and went from extremely athletic HS kid to going nowhere FAST at 22 working a dead end office job. I made the decision one day around March that I was tired of feeling like this and started doing something about it. Since then I've lost 30 pounds with another 40ish lbs minimum before I can even think about enlisting. Currently 6'2 weighing 240 doing calisthenics, lifting, and swimming 5 days a week waiting for a tibial stress fracture to heal before I can start trying to run again. I'll be going to check out the mentoring section after I post this and see if there are any AF Special Warfare guys willing to share their knowledge or experience. Take care everyone.

Back