Introduction

tellio

Unverified
Good afternoon, all. I’m a late-20’s male pursuing an active-duty ground contract to attend this winter’s Marine OCS class. My immediate goals are selection and commissioning. Following that, I want to earn an 0302 MOS assignment at TBS, complete IOC and eventually lead a platoon of Marines, and have MARSOC or Recon in the back of my mind as a long-goal.

I feel an obligation to give back to this country and believe I am suited for this line of service. I found professional “success” by most civilian metrics and realize that I want to pursue more than my own self-interest.

Right now, my PFT is the main controllable of my application packet and I am focusing on adding 3 pull-ups and dropping 2:07 from my run to hit a 300 score. Hikes under load and OCS-centric calisthenics are secondary targets. I am a mediocre swimmer and am working on (supervised) underwater crossovers on recovery days.

I’ve had very limited exposure to prior-service Recon and MARSOC Marines and am looking forward to going over the knowledge this site’s members have provided.

Back