Introduction

Robertebrenn

Unverified
Good morning,

I'm a recent college grad and I am 23 years old. I think university was a great waste of time and money. It was not worth the price for what they are offering (I majored in economics). I have always wanted to join the military and upon graduation and working in the investment management industry for a brief time, I came to the conclusion that I don't fit the personality profile of your typical 'finance bro'. I also didn't like being glued to a desk for 8 hours a day. The industry is riddled with beta males and arrogant dudes that think they are super intelligent and sophisticated. So, I walked staight into a Marine Corps recruiting station. At the time I was 158 pounds (I'm 6 foot) and could only do 11 pull ups, 73 crunches, and a 9:30 half mile. Recon sparked my interest but I clearly wasn't close to being in shape for taking a shot a BRC yet alone BRPC. I am a work horse and decided to get in shape for the military. 11 months later, I'm 175 pounds (I was 183 a month and a half ago but lost 8 pounds when I started running again) 21 pull ups, 100 crunches, and a 18:10 three mile. I went to MEPS last week and I am cleared for active duty, however, I did not swear in for I didn't want to sign a contract that I wasn't 100% in on. Recon is still my goal and my PFT score has improved but in my opinion I have just made it to the start line to start training for Recon. My recruiters are trying to ship my out ASAP but I am hesitant for I want to put the time in to train. I plan on mastering swim and rucking next and I have Nick Koumalatos' and Stew Smith's recon workout plans which I plan on mixing them both in. I'm here at Shadow Spear to learn from those who have achieved what I plan to achieve.

Cheers all!

-Robert

Back