Introduction

ActualBobcat

Unverified
Good morning y'all,

I am ActualBobcat and am currently a pre-nursing/BSN major at a college in the southeastern United States. My goal in regards to my nursing career is to become a CFRN (Certified Flight Registered Nurse), TCRN (Trauma Certified Registered Nurse), or a CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse). I have been talking to the healthcare recruiters for the Air Force to see if the different options avaible to me or if I can possibly be a 4N0X1 in the Air Guard during my four years in college then commission after that. My end goal is to support and care for the men and women on the front lines, hopefully through a position in SOST.

I am excited to dive into all of the knowledge, expertise, and experience here at ShadowSpear. Thank you all for your time.

Respectfully,

ActualBobcat

Welcome aboard and best of luck to you! Honorable choice of professions.

Welcome! How far along are you in your program?
Currently I am a freshman, the way it works at my college is that there is two divsions. A pre-nursing division which includes your core and the prerequisites before you take the TEAS and apply to the cohort. Then the upper division is the actual BSN major courses. I am however in the process of getting my EMT with a major hospital and health system in the Southeast.

Currently I am a freshman, the way it works at my college is that there is two divsions. A pre-nursing division which includes your core and the prerequisites before you take the TEAS and apply to the cohort. Then the upper division is the actual BSN major courses. I am however in the process of getting my EMT with a major hospital and health system in the Southeast.
Excellent! EMT will be a great stepping stone for nursing, especially in understanding pre-hospital/emergency medicine. I got my EMT myself before formally entering a nursing program and it helped immensely with my IV and assessment skills. Good luck and keep at it!

Excellent! EMT will be a great stepping stone for nursing, especially in understanding pre-hospital/emergency medicine. I got my EMT myself before formally entering a nursing program and it helped immensely with my IV and assessment skills. Good luck and keep at it!
Thats what my peers in nursing said who were also EMTs, however when I did a field internship with Grady Health the medics and techs said that the scope of practice and model is totally different. Which I can agree on to an extent yet it seems that the core skills of dealing with people cannot change.

Back