Introduction

CommSgt31

Crown eater
Verified Military
Hello everyone. I'll start by saying I've been browsing these forums for several years now; thank you to all the long time contributers for the wealth of information. I appreciate it more than you know.

I seperated from the Marine Corps in Jan. of 2019 due to some serious health issues with my ex-wife. I joined on an open contract in 2015 and became a 2831 and billeted as a satcom tech. I was fortunate enough to graduate top of my class out of the school house. I was further blessed with exellent leaders early on and managed to win Marine of the Quarter (BN level) and subsequently, meritoriously promoted to Cpl. I served in a variety of billets successfully and was eventually promoted again and received a NAM.

I've always felt the need to push myself further and contribute anything I could to a community of real professionals. Lately, that need to serve has grown and I'm ready to pursue this. I know I'll catch some flak for this (rightfully so) but at this moment in time, I dont have a clear goal. I'm a father and a bit older than many new commers so I'm trying to remain fluid and find the median for my kids sake. If they had a healthy mother, my goals would be zeroed in more. In what capacity I want to serve I'm unclear on. Whether its back on active duty or working for an agency outside the DoD, I do know that is where I want my life to go and even if I dont end up on the tip of the spear in afghan, the wealth if knowledge here is invaluable and applies. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll be able to impart knowledge I may have for the community here.

Thanks for taking the time

Sgt. H (just Aaron now)

Given your username, you need to get vetted. With a name implying you're a communication sergeant, it may confuse some members as to your bonafides.

Go here to submit a vetting request.

And, welcome aboard.

Thanks gents.

Kaldak, I've submitted requested information and awaiting response. Thanks.

Back