Introduction

Kev0311

Marine 0311
Verified Military
Hey,

So I am a fourth year MD student applying for a residency in emergency medicine. I recently learned about SOST and have gotten really interested. I plan to snoop around and read as much as I can about it and similar units. When I near residency completion in a few years I will probably start asking questions.
Prior to college and med school I was a grunt in the Marine Corps for 8 years. I deployed on two MEUs in 06 and 07 and then deployed to Afghan in 08, 09 and 11 to Now-Zad, Nawa and Sangin respectively. Experiences on the NowZad pump with a shock trauma platoon EM physician is what inspired me to pursue medicine. Never saw a Dr so far forward. Who knows what the future holds. The original plan was to join organizations like Doctors Without Borders and redeploy as much as possible, but learning about units such as SOST may lead to something else. Anyways, I am here to learn and looking forward to getting to know some of yall in the process.
✌️

Hey,

So I am a fourth year MD student applying for a residency in emergency medicine. I recently learned about SOST and have gotten really interested. I plan to snoop around and read as much as I can about it and similar units. When I near residency completion in a few years I will probably start asking questions.
Prior to college and med school I was a grunt in the Marine Corps for 8 years. I deployed on two MEUs in 06 and 07 and then deployed to Afghan in 08, 09 and 11 to Now-Zad, Nawa and Sangin respectively. Experiences on the NowZad pump with a shock trauma platoon EM physician is what inspired me to pursue medicine. Never saw a Dr so far forward. Who knows what the future holds. The original plan was to join organizations like Doctors Without Borders and redeploy as much as possible, but learning about units such as SOST may lead to something else. Anyways, I am here to learn and looking forward to getting to know some of yall in the process.

Welcome. Good luck.

Welcome, with your specialty and background there are lots of opportunities from which to choose.

Back