Introduction

DirtyScout818

Unverified
Hey guys, I am new to the forums so figured I would do an intro and let you know why I'm here.

Currently 24 years old in the ILNG. I've been in for 7 1/2 years, 6 as a 19D cav scout, and in the past year and a half I have jumped over to an SFAB as an advisor. I just signed another 6 year contract starting in August, but have bounced around the idea of switching over to the ANG as a TACP hopeful with the 169th ASOS after working with them back in 2018 at a JRTC rotation (was the platoon commo guy). I am pretty much deadset on it at this point and have already started training for the PAST. I contacted a recruiter to see what my options are, and if I would be able to pick up a slot during that next contract with a signed commander's release form. Just waiting to hear back at this point. I have an amazing ADOS job on the ILNG Counter Drug Task Force, but I can feel myself outgrowing where I am and want to tackle a new challenge. I'm ready to give up a lot to accomplish this goal.

If anyone on here is with the 169th or is a TACP at another ANG ASOS I would love to hear more about what it's like and if you know of anyone that's jumped ship from green to blue.

Thanks!

Back