Introduction

GGgabby

Unverified
Hello ShadowSpear. I'm GGgabby, and I am a 20 year old Female who has spent a fair amount of time thinking and preparing myself to go into the Army. I'm currently working as an LMT, as it was the easiest stable job I could get right out of Highschool where I live, but I want to join Special Forces. I joined this community in hopes of learning more about what I can do to prepare, what paths I can take to reach my goal, and as well as read various experiences and things from Service Members. My Dad is Air Force, and the few schools that were all Military Kids had field trips to Veterans Retirement homes if you did Extracurricular activities. That's what I've been inspired by, as well as the various members of my family who are Veterans and Active Duty. I found this forum on Reddit in August, and made my account when I knew I could start training for the Army.

Hello ShadowSpear. I'm GGgabby, and I am a 20 year old Female who has spent a fair amount of time thinking and preparing myself to go into the Army. I'm currently working as an LMT, as it was the easiest stable job I could get right out of Highschool where I live, but I want to join Special Forces. I joined this community in hopes of learning more about what I can do to prepare, what paths I can take to reach my goal, and as well as read various experiences and things from Service Members. My Dad is Air Force, and the few schools that were all Military Kids had field trips to Veterans Retirement homes if you did Extracurricular activities. That's what I've been inspired by, as well as the various members of my family who are Veterans and Active Duty. I found this forum on Reddit in August, and made my account when I knew I could start training for the Army.
Welcome, when you enter the service don’t let anyone demotivate you or shit on your dreams.

I am good friends with one of the female Marine who has made it through first phase of A&S but was not selected. She told me the hardest part was not letting everyone’s opinions get to her. That there was constant negativity. That being said screw them and do not self select.

Take care of your body, push through and keep on tracking!!!

Welcome. I'm also an SF hopeful (not in the military yet), I'm no expert but I have spent about the past year training and researching how to best prepare myself, so feel free to reach out if you want any advice! I've made great progress and would be happy to share what I've learned so far.

Welcome. I'm also an SF hopeful (not in the military yet), I'm no expert but I have spent about the past year training and researching how to best prepare myself, so feel free to reach out if you want any advice! I've made great progress and would be happy to share what I've learned so far.
Hello WaffleHouseFan, any amount of help is greatly appreciated. I don't plan on signing anything until November next year, and I'm giving myself that time to prepare as well. Good Luck with your training, so far I've bought a couple books that I've been recommended and have been strength training since August.

Back