Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

idembow

Unverified
Hey shadowspear community I joined because I was interested in the SOF and I will seek some advice later on. I'm Puerto Rican but live in Illinois.

If he's from PR, he's an American, whether he likes it or not ;)

So tell us some more about yourself.

Welcome, aboard!

Yes I consider myself an American but I rather be recognized as a Puerto Rican I wouldn't mind being called american either :)

You'd rather be recognized as Puerto Rican than American?

Just making sure I'm understanding that right...

You should join the Puerto Rican SOF then. Oh wait....

Yes I consider myself an American but I rather be recognized as a Puerto Rican I wouldn't mind being called american either :)

I went to OCS with guys that had this mentality. I would lose it if I were you.

Thank God most Puerto Ricans are proud to be Americans first.

Dude, you gotta lose the Boricua attitude. You're an American. If you don't wann be, well, you really have no choice. I was born in West Virginia, so I'm a West Virginian, but on top of that, I'm an American. And, yes, it's the same goddamned thing.....state, territory, etc., whatever - of the US!

Our government has allowed PR to exist as a territory for reasons that we don't really have time to discuss here. But you enjoy all of the rights and privledges of a U.S. citizen, yet presume to call your nationality Puerto Rican? It's an island, and a territory of the United States of America.

Embrace your heritage....and the Coqui! ;) but know that you're an American citizen - and be proud of it.

Better pull your head out of your butt we are all green....well some are blue and they have cookouts on Fridays.

I would check yourself now while in the intro thread if I were you.

I was stationed at Naval Station Roosevelt Roads 1 month after the jackass security guard guard died while smoking a cig on top of a bunker with 10ft thick walls meant to protect 'observers' while the Navy was practicing bombing techniques on Vieques...(the 10ft thick walls were constructed for a reason) RIP. :confused:

Puerto Ricans threw rocks at American Servicemens vehicles while leaving and entering the bases....both Buchanan and Rosey.

My backyard WAS Vieques. Too many Puerto Ricans of New York descent rained on the Navy parade while we were fighting a war against terrorism.

You are American.

This is your National Anthem.

It's OK to claim PR ancesters....You are Puerto Rican....I appreciate the descent....but you are on an American board....and you are AMERICAN.

Puerto Rico accepts AMERICAN FEMA, AMERICAN WELFARE. AMERICAN UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS......and are born AMERICAN.

Congrats on your Puerto Rican heritage.

BTW...I spent 2 years in Panama, 6 years in PR, and am married to an Argentinian who wishes she was AMERICAN.

Hablas Castillano??

Si eres de PR, porque estas escribiendo en Ingles??? Porque ganaron los Ingleses hace siglos atras.......??

:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back