Introduction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfhopeful

Ученик
Unverified
Hello Shadowspear members,

I am a 21 year old junior in college double majoring in Political Science and Criminal Justice. I reside in Texas and am currently learning Russian outside of school. I have no family in the military but in the past few months I have become hooked on the possibility of joining the Special Forces. I currently am thinking about joining the National Guard infantry, doing boot camp this summer with the split option, and AIT and Airborne school next summer after I graduate from college. After this I would like to try to get selected to undergo the lengthy Special Forces training.

I am here to listen and learn everything I can about the Special Forces selection, training, missions, as well as lifestyle. Thank you in advance for any advice of any kind, it's an honor.

Welcome...

There is a lot of reading to do here which should answer some of your questions. There are quite a few SF guys on this site who could answer most of the other questions, providing they are well thought out and researched... ;)

Crip

Thank you to everyone that responded. I am currently reading over the vast amount of information that is provided on this forum. I will hold off on any questions until I can finish it so I don't duplicate questions or ask anything I can't find the answer to myself. Thanks again for the warm welcomes.

Welcome to the site. Best wishes with your education and your military aspirations!

The best thing you said was "......as well as a lifestyle." It's a lifestyle and a way of life.

Welcome aboard.

The fact that it is a lifestyle is one of the most appealing parts about Special Forces to me atleast.

Also, I worked in international terrorism research & statistics for a while in college. I specialized in African terrorism but also did some Middle East. It was one of the reasons I got hooked on the Special Forces. Reading about and entering statistics and info. about terrorism just wasn't enough for me though, I like a more hands on approach. :)

Not trying to make myself sound cool or anything, I just enjoy discussing terrorism and would love to talk to the people that I entered statistics about. :)

Welcome aboard. Keep honing the mind, it is your best and sharpest weapon.

I am here to listen and learn everything I can about the Special Forces selection, training, missions, as well as lifestyle. Thank you in advance for any advice of any kind, it's an honor.

I'll digress to OP 1....

Welcome to Shadow and best of luck with your aspirations!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back