Introduction

Scott J. Earnest

solid
Unverified
Hey Guys,
I'm Scott, I'm from San Diego, California and attend Point Loma Nazarene University. I hope I can learn a lot here, specifically in relation to Pararescue. Thanks.

Hi Scott, welcome to the site. You will probably find a lot of good stuff on pararescue here. Is this academic interest, or are you thinking about joining up?

I want to be a PJ. Over the past month or so, I've been doing tons of research, watching videos, reading, etc. So, I got a few years until I graduate from college, so I got a few years to get in the best shape of my life, and to prepare mentally.

Thinking of changing my major to exercise science to better prepare myself, and so I can have an interesting career outside of the AF if I only stay in for four years.

Praying a lot about it. Know I wanna be out there helping people.

What's up? Plenty of information about work out programs and so forth on the net. My opinion on the better ones follow: CrossFit (free), CrossFit Endurance (free), and Military Athlete (pay site). You never know where your head will be in a few years after some life experience. Meet some girls, study your ass off, and finish your degree. Worry about the other stuff when you get there.

Very good advice. My friend just read it and wished the Marine Recruiter said that to him. I agree completely, but I get really excited about this stuff. I was an explorer at a local fire department, and when I was doing ride alongs, it was the coolest thing ever.

Would you recommend getting a degree related to training that I would potentially receive in the Pipeline?

Your degree is your degree. Get one in something you are interested in, and will get you a job that you like if, for whatever reason, you change your mind about Pararescue. Also, this will help you make alternate plans in the case that you quit, get hurt, or fail if you do decide to pursue the training.

Back