Introductions.

I’ll start. I’m an active duty officer with multiple recon tours to include a platoon at 1st Force, a company (and OpsO) at 1st Recon, and command of 1st Force. I am not a Raider but I’ll try to answer questions as best I can. Hopefully we get a Raider mentor back here to help out.

Active Duty Comm Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. My goal has been to become a Marine Raider since before joining the Marines. Been in for close to 2 years now.

I am an active duty officer with a logistics background. I am just about to wrap up a deployment down here in Africa, and I will be heading to A&S in April. I look forward to hearing if any of you are heading there during the same time frame. I am open to any questions or experiences you guys want to share! Best of luck to you all!

Active Duty Infantry Officer recently graduated from IOC. I've been in the Marine Corps for almost 10 years, eventually looking to head to Recon BN. If you have any questions regarding becoming an infantry officer I can offer some advice.

I am an active duty tank gunner and marksmanship instructor. I completed A&S and was selected, and am heading to ITC in the near future. If you have questions about any of the above I am happy to help.

I’m a Reserve Motor T Marine. Who’s looking for the opportunity to go to A&S and hopefully get selected. I am more than happy to answer questions about Reserves if any come up. I will be sending a vetting request up so that I can be verified to add credibility when I reply.

I am an active duty aviation ops Marine that has been trying to get out of the wing since I got here. Im stationed in Yuma for the time being, and I can begin working on my MARSOC package this January. I’m always looking for insight and tips on how to train more appropriately. Looking forward to working with this group!

Logistics Officer, got selected last year, finished 6 months of ITC, got dropped for personal reasons (nothing derogatory, it was great training with great people and I loved it!). If you have questions about A&S or the first half of ITC as an officer, feel free to hit me up.

I’ll start. I’m an active duty officer with multiple recon tours to include a platoon at 1st Force, a company (and OpsO) at 1st Recon, and command of 1st Force. I am not a Raider but I’ll try to answer questions as best I can. Hopefully we get a Raider mentor back here to help out.

Got you.

Hey guys. I'm active duty CSO with 2nd. I don't check the site often, but do hop on when I get an email notification for a PM. So that's your best avenue to reach me.

Don't PM me with questions that you haven't exhausted searching the answers for.

Hey dudes - I'm an IDC (Surface not SOIDC/SARC) with 3d MRB. I've spent about half of my career so far with MARSOC filling billets at the MSOT, MSOC, and BN level. Happy to help out where I can - take it easy.

Hello I’m an old Force Recon Marine was at the company when it got switched to MSOB then went to Delta company which later turned back into Force Recon CO. I’m currently in the Army going the SF route.

Kinda late response compared to everyone else here. Just joined the community. I’m attending Clemson University and I plan on going to Officer Candidate School next summer for 10 weeks. Not sure what the best route is as far as my MOS after TBS but I want to work towards the Reconnaissance path. I’ve read a few of the threads here and this seems like a solid place to be. I look forward to being a part of the community.

I'm an old Recon Marine. If you check the Recon history you will see it was reformed in 1958. I was part of that and was selected in 1960. Back then you could volunteer for Recon but in most cases you were selected and assigned by HQs. Back then the Bn only had 2 companies besides Hqs Co. Served with A Co 2d Recon Bn, B Co 3d Recon Bn and then back to 2d Force Recon Co. B Company 3rd was stationed in Hawaii and had not seen the rest of the Bn in years until Vietnam. Hawaii was considered an overseas tour. Back then all Recon Marines were 0311s or commo. Because we kept being told we could expect to go back to a grunt unit many of us left the Corps and joined the Army to go SF. Problem was that SF didn't have an MOS so we went where the Army needed us. I was with 10th Group when the entire Group was in Germany. Spent 2 tours in Nam as a LRRP.

Im a reserve 0311 right now. Currently working on my college degree and going to OCS to earn a commission in a few years. In the meantime im trying to get my command to let me drill with a recon company and run the recon screener in hopes of attending BRC While still in the reserves. Joined the form to get some advice and to see if anyone had any experience with recon in the 4th mardiv.

Unlike you accomplished lot, I'm not a former Reconnaissance Man nor am I an officer in the Corps. However, I am seriously considering giving it my all to become a member of this elite group. I am amazed at the seeming lack of respect Recon Marines, particularly FMF Recon and Radio Recon, receive in the SoF world. I understand that a combination of remaining within the USMC bureaucracy, plus the founding of the Marine Raiders, have taken some attention away from Recon. However, and perhaps I'm getting incorrect info, but it seems as though FORECON guys are basically SEALs insofar as their training goes, with perhaps more infantry skills than NSW operators but less SCUBA and combat swimming skills.

According to Wikipedia, which is never wrong, EVER, so don't question it!, FMF Marines go through BRC, Jump School, SERE, Combat Diving, VIP protection courses, urban warfare, Pathfinder or RLSC and perhaps Freefall training.

Seems like some tough motherFrs to me!

Back