iPhone5 help

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
iPhone5 totally dead. Won't take a charge, hard reboot didn't work, tried multiple cords and chargers. Performed maintenance, no help. Upgraded to 6Plus but would like to get the 5 at least able to take a charge so I can give it to the kids.

Any suggestions?

Question - when you plugged in the charger, did you leave it for a few minutes? Sometimes if the phone battery is drained all the way down, it can take a few minutes to even get the red battery screen - depending on the power source you are using.

1) Are you plugged directly into a walled power outlet? (plugging into a computer or car charger can cause a delay)

Agree with @Ooh-Rah.

If there's been no physical damage to the phone and the aforementioned dual application of electricity and tincture of time doesn't work I'd suggest taking it to a shop and having the battery replaced. There are several stands in the malls here that will do it; it voids the warranty but it doesn't sound like you're concerned about that.

iPhone5 totally dead. Won't take a charge, hard reboot didn't work, tried multiple cords and chargers. Performed maintenance, no help. Upgraded to 6Plus but would like to get the 5 at least able to take a charge so I can give it to the kids.

Any suggestions?

Sometimes an Iphone can lock you out and it will not even let you charge it.. Try plugging it into the computer that has the Itunes information of your Iphone 5 and if Itunes recognizes it follow the steps to unlocking it

if that does not work it may be water damage or the battery itself. Whichever the case take it into the Apple store and they can give you a free diagnosis and sometimes a cheap fix.

been that way my whole career, don't expect it to stop now
  1. Make sure your device is off.
  2. Hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds.
  3. Release the power button but continue holding the home button for 10 more seconds.
  4. Release the home button.
  5. Connect to itunes via a usb

You mean Windows Phone; a man's phone and a sign of a knowledgeable gentleman.
59039799.jpg

Back