Iran in the news again

fox1371

Exitiabilis
Verified Military
A lot of speculation on the reporter's part, however this is the 2nd time I've heard about it this past week.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/219346.html

The US military is preparing a massive military campaign against Iran, sending thousands of American troops, warships and weaponry to Israel.

An unnamed source said the military deployment of US anti-missile ships and accompanying support personnel will occur in January and later this spring, Global Research reported.

Commander of the US Third Air Force based in Germany Lt.-Gen Frank Gorenc said it is not just an "exercise," but a "deployment," The Jerusalem Post said.

Washington and Tel Aviv have planned to hold what they call the largest-ever joint military exercise this spring.

The US commander visited Israel two weeks ago to confirm details for “the deployment of several thousand American soldiers to Israel.”

The US General also visited one of Israel's three Iron Dome anti-missile outposts. The Israeli Air Force has announced plans to deploy a fourth Iron Dome system in coming months.

While US troops will be stationed in Israel for an unspecified amount of time, Israeli military personnel will be added to United States European Command (EUCOM) in Germany.

This is while the US is reportedly bringing its Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) and ship-based Aegis ballistic missile systems to Israel.

The White House has resumed its anti-Iran war rhetoric after the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) released a report in November, in which Tehran was accused of conducting activities related to developing nuclear weapons. Iran strongly dismissed the allegations.

US analyst Robert Parry said the documentary evidence showed that IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano was installed with the support of the US and that he privately indicated to US and Israeli officials that he would help advance their goals regarding Iran.

In December, Iran's Navy launched massive 10-day military drills in the strategic Strait of Hormuz to show that the country is ready to defend itself against any attack.

"We wanted to send this message to certain powers that Iran is always prepared to defend itself against foreign aggression," Iran's Navy Deputy Commander Admiral Amir Rastegari told Press TV.

Meanwhile, US President Barack Obama on Saturday signed into law fresh economic sanctions, targeting Iran's Central Bank and financial sector.

Anti-Iran measures provoked by the US and Israel are aimed to deny Iran's right of having peaceful nuclear program.

Tehran, as a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and a member of the IAEA, has repeatedly stated that its nuclear activities are solely for civilian purposes.

If McCain had won instead of Obama (and I was hoping for that) you were already there years ago... the Plan is ready.... go or no-go? (Like Hamlet) Too late? Pre-election operation?

Agree... but, in 2007 Agusta-Westland Italy had an order of 51 A-129 MANGUSTA for Incirlik (Adana) NATO Base... Officially for Turkey..., after Election (Obama won) they stopped the order....

IMHO, the article is a little on the tin foil hat side. Any normal military training between the US and Israel is going to be seen by some as a build up to a Iranian invasion. There is a heck of a lot of difference in a surgical strike at selected target and all out invasion. Even the surgical strike is probably unlikely.

I'll put my tin foil hat on and say, " Barry will announce to the Guardian Council that he is the Mahdi that they are waiting for and all will be good between Iran and the US, except for the take over in the US."

There just isn't the political, economic, or popular support to do a war right now with Iran, nothing short of a aggressive move against Israel or the US by iran will right now make that happen. In which case all the political support Israel has in DC combined with the uber right religious who will scream "defend the holy land!" will kick in and send the bullets and bombs flying, though I agree with Florida, the hard liner's will be gone before too long and he younger generation will kick in and maybe change things. Besides you don't start a war in an election year if you can help it lol!

There just isn't the political, economic, or popular support to do a war right now with Iran, nothing short of a aggressive move against Israel or the US by iran will right now make that happen. In which case all the political support Israel has in DC combined with the uber right religious who will scream "defend the holy land!" will kick in and send the bullets and bombs flying, though I agree with Florida, the hard liner's will be gone before too long and he younger generation will kick in and maybe change things. Besides you don't start a war in an election year if you can help it lol!

Technically it doesn't matter if there is any support for it. I don't believe Obama would risk his election and start a war, but the support would come if we were attacked.

Oh sure but with communism having a higher approval rating than congress, Obama trying to pull every string he can to ensure re-election, and a country full of people who simply don't have the will to see more of America's warriors go to war after Iraq and afghan, it isn't gonna happen any time soon short of a move on iran's part, and they prefer to do all their dirty work thru proxies.

I say we just get North Korea done and over with and stop having to worry about it, though Iran might prove way simpler a war.

Bush had his opportunities and didn't go and in, I believe 07, denied Israel overflight rights in Iraq to go after Iran. It is not happening regardless of the out come of the 2012 elections.

We certainly wouldn't be staging for an attack against Iran in Israel of all place. That would be about as stupid a strategy as anyone could possibly come up with.

They all but laid out the evidence to show Iran and it's covert proxy forces were active in the insurgency in Iraq, and we STILL didn't do anything but try and catch em there, no retaliatory strikes against em or anything. The whole geo-political situation, including the Russians who are still buddies with Iran, makes picking a straight up fight with em not in the cards short of them doing something like invading Israel or attacking the US, both of which don't seem highly probable at the moment.

Back