Is there any interest in making an official Shadow Spear subreddit?

I would not enjoy this site if it became even close to a large minority of average redditors. Look no further than r/Army to see the type of discourse we could expect.

Looking at r/Army I wonder if we could even collectively pass a PT test let alone fight a war anymore...

Reddit, the internets trailer park.

A few years ago there was some AITA post about a guy beating the living shit out of his disabled sibling. They were soooo frustrated from missing out on opportunities and kid stuff then later on adult relationships due to parents having to spend extra time and effort taking care of the disabled sibling.

To my shock, it was overwhelmingly supportive of the guy... The massive upvotes and comments blew my mind. Felt like I was in bizzarro land.

Without me looking it up, what's a reddit?
Think chat board for autistic Millennials and Zoomers.

twy1j4ygnpp61.jpg

That was my first thought as well, the only utility I see is that the Reddit might drive viewership/membership to the site.
As @Marauder06 said, the benefit of more exposure means more potential traffic here. Prior to the multi-year shutdown, this site was averaging multiple new members per week and 1-2 vetting requests a week. Now we are seeing ‘maybe’ 1-2 new members a month and no vetting requests in some time.

When this site is rolling, it serves a genuine purpose and I have a thread here somewhere of the SOF success stores this site has contributed to. I genuinely look forward to the continued exposure of this site and seeing it back where it was.

would not enjoy this site if it became even close to a large minority of average redditors. Look no further than r/Army to see the type of discourse we could expect.
No chance. The site is now more active than it’s been in some time; I see a number of former members lurking who have not posted in years, and for the most part participation has gone well beyond the core-group that was posting when we last came back online.

Once membership and vetting begins to increase to a faster pace, I would assume that additional staff will be added to help keep the relative calm we have now.

ETA:

Found the link I was looking for. There may be more who came here and met their goals, they just didn’t check back. At some point I’ll dig a bit deeper and make sure that I did not miss anyone.

Enlistment to SOF - The ShadowSpear Way

I go to reddit every couple of days for memes, things too offensive to post here, and video game stuff. Occasionally other topics will pop on my radar from time-time, but I would be very leery of anyone who takes serious life advice from reddit. And a LOT of people take serious life advice from reddit.

A few years ago there was some AITA post about a guy beating the living shit out of his disabled sibling. They were soooo frustrated from missing out on opportunities and kid stuff then later on adult relationships due to parents having to spend extra time and effort taking care of the disabled sibling.

To my shock, it was overwhelmingly supportive of the guy... The massive upvotes and comments blew my mind. Felt like I was in bizzarro land.

The internets only truly functional forum?

I love Reddit. Other than this site, it’s my only “social” media. Solid forum. Good reserve chute for us.

Yeah I agree. Best source for niche stuff. Bands, sports teams, and various other places. Way more kids come to the Green Beret forums looking for advice there than here.

Not too mention there is lots of other stuff…

Last edited:
Back