I've noticed a distinct lack of NAVY EOD..

madness unseen

just another lackie..
Verified Military
on the board, or they just lay really low. Is there a reason for this? Last I checked they were Navy Spec Ops. Do the SEALs (NAVSPECWAR I know) and SWCCs shun them?

Partly I ask because I have begun to lean towards changing branches and pursuing that career field, instead of making another run at Pararescue. And because of this was interested in conversation with experienced individuals.

The "kiddos" at NAVSCOLOEOD roam here (my location) like stirred-up ants.

I never noticed a great presence on any of the boards out there by any of the EOD communities.

From what I was told by one of my Army EOD buddies, the navy guys are fucking shit hot. It is definitely an honorable career path. Not one I would want to do.

Of all the things that I thought would have been cool to try and never got a chance to, EOD is #1.

you're just scared that if you don't say that, that RK will find you and leave you a little present with all red wires..... I know that's my reason to be nice to her.... Screwing with a redheaded bomb chick is not conducive to one's helath nor the chances of dying of old age....

Back when I was seriously considering leaving the active Army, I found a National Guard EOD unit in Arizona that was willing to take me. I also interviewed with the Huntsville, AL unit the same day I had an appointment to talk to the guys across town in 20th Group. I r-e-a-l-l-y wanted to do EOD, but my wife was dead-set against it so I planned on committing to 20th Group and going the 18A route. Then we all got kind of perma-stoplossed and it all became moot because I couldn't get out anyway. I'm glad things worked out the way they did and I stayed active, but it would have been cool to do EOD.

Back when I was seriously considering leaving the active Army, I found a National Guard EOD unit in Arizona that was willing to take me. I also interviewed with the Huntsville, AL unit the same day I had an appointment to talk to the guys across town in 20th Group. I r-e-a-l-l-y wanted to do EOD, but my wife was dead-set against it so I planned on committing to 20th Group and going the 18A route. Then we all got kind of perma-stoplossed and it all became moot because I couldn't get out anyway. I'm glad things worked out the way they did and I stayed active, but it would have been cool to do EOD.

You would have looked like Gort in a bombproof suit.... just sayin...

Klaatu Barado Nictu....

Back