Jonathan Pollard To Be Released

CDG

Mittens
Verified Military
Convicted spy, ex-Navy intelligence analyst Jonathan Pollard to go free after 30 years

Pollard's plans aren't immediately clear. His lawyers said after the parole decision in July that he had lined up a job and housing in the New York area and that he intended to ask President Barack Obama for clemency and permission to move to Israel immediately. Parolees are required to get government permission for foreign travel for five years after their release.

But the White House quickly shot down that prospect, saying Pollard had committed "very serious crimes" and that the president had "no intention of altering the terms of Mr. Pollard's parole."

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm too young to know what the mood was like at the time of his arrest. It's interesting that he was spying for an ally, although obviously still criminal. I don't think I have a problem with him being released, but thought some of our more seasoned members may have more insight to tack onto this development that may shift my opinion on the matter.

Convicted spy, ex-Navy intelligence analyst Jonathan Pollard to go free after 30 years

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm too young to know what the mood was like at the time of his arrest. It's interesting that he was spying for an ally, although obviously still criminal. I don't think I have a problem with him being released, but thought some of our more seasoned members may have more insight to tack onto this development that may shift my opinion on the matter.
Israel is not an ally.
He did his time, and is getting paroled, American Jews will take care of him for 5 years, and he will then move to Israel.
Hope he enjoys his new home/nation when that happens.

Back