Kim Jong-Nam assassination

It's become increasingly clear we need a viable way to communicate with Kim Jong Un.
There really is only one person with the credibility and experience to bridge the growing chasm, and should be considered for an American ambassador role to North Korea.

rodman-excerpt.jpg

Last edited:
It's become increasingly clear we need a viable way to communicate with Kim Jong Un.
There really is only one person with the credibility and experience to bridge the growing chasm, and should be considered for an American ambassador role to North Korea.

rodman-excerpt.jpg

We hosted him here at West Point last year to talk about North Korea and "type 2" diplomacy. No, he didn't dress like that. Yes, it was a "standing room only" event.

I'm glad that it happened and that it was so well attended.

I have to ask how it went? Most of what I have heard and read has left me with the impression that DR had no interest is type 2, or any other kind of diplomacy with his friend Kim.

I had to cover down on an important meeting for my boss so I didn't go. But based on feedback from other faculty and commentary on Jodel (an anonymous social media app widely used by the cadets) it was a home run. It was a panel with him and two others who has gone to nK with him. Apparently he had very interesting things to say but was professional and well-behaved. It was also moderated by what many consider to be the most bad ass O6 at the Academy, so that probably helped too. If you want to watch it yourself:

Wow! What a great video. Thanks for sharing it.
It is fascinating to me watching the panel describe DR's interaction with nK without the clamor of media-driven narratives mucking it up.

I had watched it and suspect (hope) the Q&A was more interesting. Sadly it isn't included (understandably). As for the available portion of the program, the moderator's opening remarks were more interesting than the rest.
To me the program shows an interesting combination of creative and pragmatic thinking on the Army's part. A quotation attributed to Truman comes to mind, when he allegedly was questioned about his use of German Reinhardt Gehlen against the Soviets after WWII: "this fellow Gehlen, I don't care if he fucks goats. If he helps us, we'll use him."
It may be that Rodman's tea leaves amount to some kinda brew but to an extent, this may be his curse and require some skilled handling:

Back