Knives

The S&F was designed specificly as a killing tool not for general purpose use, and as such I beleive it is the best of it's type for this :2c: it is still issued in the UK.
The downside is that you still need to carry a GP knife.

Yes, I understand that. So, was the FSSF knife and for that type of 'dagger' knife I prefer it over the the UK's issue S&F.

IMO, it's hard to beat the Randall model #1 for both a fighting knife and a GP knife in the field. There is also a 'dagger' Model #2, for those that like that type. IMO this one corrects some of the weak points of the S&F. (Blade breaks off in body.)

http://www.randallknives.com/catalog.php?action=modeldetail&id=29

I haven't had the pleasure of handling a FSSF knife yet, It certainly looks to be a great knife.

The screwdriver is a great idea... but, blood is VERY slick. I tend to wrap skateboard tape around the handles of my stabbin' instruments. If you are close enough to shank somoene, you WILL get blood on your hands. A slick screwdriver handle will be nae impossible to hold on to...

Just sayin'. :D

It can be messy. I never stabbed anybody with my screwdriver. (As much as I would have liked to have field-tested it on a commie, we liked to keep them at frag-chucking range, although that was not always possible.)

Skateboard tape is a great idea, anything course. The point and the shaft, being narrow in diameter, would not meet too much resistance...as I said above, would find a path through the ribs. Or maybe "in one ear and out the other".

Back