Review Level Zero Heroes

That was the dumbest shit I have ever heard, I don't know if I would have had the same level of discipline as him in that situation. Unbelievable.

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading it. I have to say its pretty cool to see the guy Mark mentioned as a prior Dallas cop. Granted I wasn't around when he was, but it's cool to see someone like that doing awesome work after leaving this city.

Just finished reading it. Excellent read, and damned proud of all those Marines. Went ahead and went to Article 15 clothing and got a Level Zero shirt to represent and share the amazing work of this MSOT. Semper Fi to all those warriors.

Finished it. Great, great book. I plowed through it over 7 days.

I don't know why, but the dog....the damn dog bothered me more than anything. Excellent book though, I hope portions of it are discussed in JTAC/ TACP schoolhouses.

I have the Kindle version and this was a great read. I couldn't put it down. I only opened up the book 3 times and blew through it in 2 days. It was a real eye opener to see what other Marines had to deal with when they were in country.

Having read “Level Zero Heroes” I can see why its highly recommended. It seems that Michael Golembesky did a great job of showing the true situation on the ground, especially in the more remote areas of Afghanistan. I enjoy those who write with candor and show their true opinions on the respective subject matter. I am in complete agreement with others on this forum who have read the book... In that the ROE that the JTACs hand to contend with were ludicrous. To me, this raised the question of why be there if your not prepared to fulfill a comprehensive plan with decisive tactics.

Finished this book about a week ago. Great book, well written.
-Really enjoyed reading about how he went from an outsider to an integral part of the team by proving he knew his shit
-The fratricide and the resulting fall out and the 2 Paratroopers drowning were very difficult to read
-The WTF moments coming from the TOC were even more difficult to read
-The fact that so much sensitive information was leaked blatantly shown to 'The Entourage' made my head want to explode
-His honesty about his past and his reasons for joining were refreshing. It seemed like he was very much the same person, just with a different job to do.
-I can't imagine trying to do a job like they do all while being hamstrung by your 'leadership' (in the loosest sense of the word) every step of the way.

@Freefalling , I know it's an old post, but what bothered you about the dog? Being a dog owner now, it hurt my heart the few times they described him freaking out, crying or running off when the gunfire would pick up.

@Freefalling , I know it's an old post, but what bothered you about the dog? Being a dog owner now, it hurt my heart the few times they described him freaking out, crying or running off when the gunfire would pick up.

I don't recall the specifics to be honest, but in my old age I have more empathy for animals than people.

DAGGER 22 the second book (or contiuation of Level Zero Heroes) has been out for sometime now.

Bothe are excellent reads.

I've got this book but haven't finished it. Life got too busy to read at some point and I never got back to it, so a good reminder to finish it. But I did love it so much at the time, I dropped the author a FB comment raving how much I loved - something I rarely do.

As a civilian, I enjoyed how he was able to draw me in as if I was there and feeling the tension of the situation. I plan to get around to writing book reviews (something I don't too either), so this will definitely be on my list. Not that he's short of glowing reviews, I stumbled on the book and bought it after reading the Amazon reviews.

Back