Looking for critique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys it's 25m. It's not a Herculean task.

Definitely true, but for beginners with little to no swimming experience it can feel daunting at first. When you realize you're only holding your breath for 20 seconds or so it puts it into perspective.

Just found this video, wow.... just emphasizes the usefulness of waiting as long as possible between keyholes.

Are 50m underwaters no longer used in the PJ or CCT pipelines? I know they are not officially used for tests, but I was told to still expect that I may have to do them...

Agreed. There is literally no reason to go over a 25m in training. You'd be better to focus on multiple 25m's on shorter intervals.

Heard. I will focus on 25m with intervals then. My wrestling buddy is the head lifeguard at the pool I am going to and he works with me a lot to make sure I am not in danger.

Appreciate the advice guys.

Are 50m underwaters no longer used in the PJ or CCT pipelines? I know they are not officially used for tests, but I was told to still expect that I may have to do them...
Anyone with an 'ok' underwater stroke form and some intestinal fortitude (assuming they're also in moderately good shape) can do a 50 pretty easily. I could get my moderately old ass in the pool tomorrow and knock out a 50 depending on how old the bottle is at stake. 5 x 25m underwaters on a 1:30 or shorter interval? Well- I mean I'm a damn PJ so I'm going on the clock but that's considerably harder. That also happens to be your mid term eval; therefore, I would put my focus there.

Breath holding tables and free diving prep and the like- GTFO. Once you've proven to me that you've gotten to Indoc grad standards on your run and cals, you can graduate to that.

Although, oddly enough, I never did that and yet here I stand. Er, sit. Type? Whatever.

That also happens to be your mid term eval; therefore, I would put my focus there.

Noted. Will definitely start working more on that. Today I will be driving across the coast to go to a training with South Florida Tactical Athletes.
Amlove21 I was wondering if you were familiar with any of the instructors.. In particular Instructor Mahoney, he has 20 years of PJ experience.
I am greatly looking forward to learning from him and the other instructors today during water con, and will probably make the trip over 2-3 times a week to continue to better my numbers and confidence.

website >> SFTA.us >> The Team

Noted. Will definitely start working more on that. Today I will be driving across the coast to go to a training with South Florida Tactical Athletes.
Amlove21 I was wondering if you were familiar with any of the instructors.. In particular Instructor Mahoney, he has 20 years of PJ experience.
I am greatly looking forward to learning from him and the other instructors today during water con, and will probably make the trip over 2-3 times a week to continue to better my numbers and confidence.

website >> SFTA.us >> The Team
I have no idea who that is, and no one here (at the schoolhouse) does either.

Considering im

Did you happen to go to the website and look at his picture? Based off of his bio it seems he was very actively involved in Pararescue, especially in regard to the training and Indoc course.

Also, Instructor Stocker stated in his bio he was a reserve Pararescueman at the 301st Rescue Squadron. Familiar at all?

I appreciate you looking into this for me. I am not looking to doubt these guys, but I will be driving 184 miles round trip multiple times a week and paying them for their services to get me ready, I just want to know that they are who they say they are.

Three very important character traits to possess and exercise:

1. Attention to detail
2. Reading comprehension
3. Ability to follow instructions - written and implied

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back