LRS Book

Another question...

The LRS FM states that leaders are ranger qualified. The TOE also notes that the 11B1's have P instead of V SQI. Is the FM and TOE the last word? Or do individual units get to decide if they want to send an E3 to Ranger School? Thank you for any help.

Cheers...
AT

What does it matter what suffix you use? If you put Hollywood BS in there, why not go the whole way and make it all up? :rolleyes:

I've never understood the idea of a "realistic work of fiction"...

To add to what was posted above, just set it 5 years in the future. That way you can be close on your facts and if anyone is dork enough to challenge them you can point to the calendar. The scenario you provided on the previous page was so..."abnormal" that the coding of an E-3's slot is irrelevant.

What does it matter what suffix you use? If you put Hollywood BS in there, why not go the whole way and make it all up? :rolleyes:

I've never understood the idea of a "realistic work of fiction"...
Ah, I guess I didn't word my question correctly... I was trying to ask if it's realistic that a private would get to go to Ranger School. But that's a valid point about "go the whole way and make it all up?". I guess I'm heading in that direction anyway, so the hero's going to Ranger School! :D

To add to what was posted above, just set it 5 years in the future. That way you can be close on your facts and if anyone is dork enough to challenge them you can point to the calendar. The scenario you provided on the previous page was so..."abnormal" that the coding of an E-3's slot is irrelevant.
Thanks for the pointer, I will consider the time change :hmm:

E-3's can and do go to RS, but they are E-4's upon graduation. In big army units, which a LRS unit would be considered, they require a waiver to send an E-3, but that is usually not a big deal. Also, as long as they have the minimum time in service required (2 years), they get an automatic promotion to E-5.

E-3's can and do go to RS, but they are E-4's upon graduation. In big army units, which a LRS unit would be considered, they require a waiver to send an E-3, but that is usually not a big deal. Also, as long as they have the minimum time in service required (2 years), they get an automatic promotion to E-5.
Thanks. Was not aware of the promotion to E-4 upon graduation, that makes sense. I appreciate the help!

And you can make your Ranger School grad female!

Well, I won't be publishing this book, just doesn't feel... right. I really appreciate the input from those that helped. This forum was and still is a great resource for not just aspiring servicemen, but also aspiring authors and I'm sure many others too. I hope it stays as successful as it has been. Thank you!

Cheers...

Back