M-forgery build

that's 12.1" not 21.1"... couldn't edit my post due to the shaky connection here....

Here's an LWRC M6A1 with all the nice features. Gas Piston, EMOD stock, rail system, enhanced trigger G, rail covers, LaRue light mount, Novak light, sling and some other goodies.

I think the bidding is over, but you might contact the seller though Gunbrokers email system and see if it's still available.

HERE: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=132728170

nice piece! I'm going to ask the seller if he has more or can get an A2. thanks! I'll posrt back in here if I have more questions, guys.

shit, brother, I just don't have 2,600 sitting around yet! :) otherwise I'd be all over it tomorrow. I'm planning and looking til September, that's when i get another installment of my active duty bonus and I can blow it on gunz. :D but that thing is SEXY!!!!

The only differences that I can see with the nakid eye are the lack of an F marked standard front sight block. This particular rifle has the Troy front and rear BUIS (back up iron sights) on it. So it obviously has a low pro gas block underneath the rail.

You would have to look at LWRC's website to know the differences betweens the A1 and A2 models. Both are a piston driven operation and have all the goodies, less the mounts and such on the first one that I provided via Gunbroker.

Both rifles are worth owning.

Both rifles are worth owning.

that's the part I wanted to hear. I'm not a huge fan of the A-frame front sight and I'm not interested in a USGI authentic look, necessarily. functionality, compatibility, familiarity, check check check. but if I wanted a weapon exactly like the ones I'm issued in the conventional army, I'd buy the cheapest bushmaster and be done with it. I'd love to build a weapon, and one day I probably will - but I think I've found exaclty what I want. :) I'll post pics when I finally get my hands on it. thanks for all the help! :D now if I could just make my mind up on a pistol...... :uhh: :)

OH, by the way - looked at the XDm, and until they make it in .45ACP, I'm sticking with a regular XD or 1911. I also like SigSauer pistols. (P220 Combat TB..... yum)

another question - optics: where's a good place to get them? not chinesium knock-offs, but the real, no-shit ACOGs and EOtechs we all know and love (or hate, in some cases.... :) ) I'm not looking to skimp necessarily, but I don't want to get hosed either. suggestions?

EDIT: is Gunbroker good for this kind of stuff? and how's the quality of the merchandise you buy there? I know a lot of people here swear by gunbroker.com......

Big proponent of Sig's "To hell and Back" mantra and fine weapons. But have you looked into S&W? The new M&P45 in .45 ACP is offered with dark earth polymer frame, ambi safeties and 4.5-inch barrels.

For the optics you might want to try the Hero Gear guy on here. They are in TN, if you hook up with him he might be able to get you a SS.com deal.

I could give you my guys name and number. He gives a different price for "us" and I got mine for his cost.

Vern at S&S Custom Tactical - 985-649-1751

hero gear is on here? I'm familiar with him. but you say Vern is your go-to guy? I'll save his number and give him a call when i get stateside in Sept. thanks CB :)

Haven't looked at the M&P pistols, maybe I should. thanks for the suggestion. I know their M&P carbines look just like imitation Colt or bushmaster weapons. I'm sure they're fine pieces of equipment, but I see them all the time over here - not impressed. guess I translated that to the handguns too.... I'll give them a fair shake. I appreciate the guidance.

Back