Major Heists, Murders, and Other Unsolved Crimes

BlackSmokeRisinG

CMB
Verified Military
So i did a little searching and not much on the topic besides random anecdotes over the years.

MODS, sorry if this thread seems redundant, if so please remove.

Reading the novel Heat 2 and recent news stories gave me the idea to start a major crimes and unsolved thread. I know the military minds and street cops here will have some interesting insight on the topic.

Me first: Ok, which one of you recently lost their long term contracting gig/ career? Theres been a few of these recently.

In one of L.A.'s largest cash heists, burglars steal as much as $30 million in elaborate operation

NJ store robbed off $1M worth of jewelry after handy thieves cut hole in wall

Grape escape: Thieves make off with $700K worth of rare wine from LA liquor store

Oh Canada...

Six arrested, one in Pennsylvania in what police are calling the largest gold heist in Canadian history.

$20m gold heist at Toronto Airport one year ago. Inside job by guys working with Air Canada right after a shipment of pure gold comes in from Switzerland. Guy with fake papers pulls up in cargo truck, gets loaded up with around 800 lbs of gold bars and drives off. One of the suspects is caught with 65 guns in his car, also running a firearms trafficking ring. 3 suspects still on the loose.

Of the $20m, only about $90k worth of gold is recovered. Guys were smelting it down, selling it etc. I'll be following this one to see how it pans out. These guys must've been living it up, have money stashed.

Canadian police charge 9 suspects in historic $20 million airport gold heist

Back