Man tells 911 operator that he killed his wife in his sleep.....

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
I don't really care about the sensationalism of the story as much as..."do you believe what he claims is possible?". My bullshit detector says "fuck no" but....

Because of the sleep issues I have I've wanted to try Ambien, but I've read too many stories of things going wrong. My step-dad used to be on it and he'd get up in the middle of the night and cook. A meal. No memory of it in the morning.

Once he woke up with a very black eye that he did not have when he went to bed. My mom is nearly deaf without her hearing aids and we've always wondered if maybe he went out and got into a bar fight over night. Crazy.

NC man tells 911 he awoke from dream and found wife dead | Daily Mail Online

- Matthew Phelps, 28, was arrested and charged with murder on Friday in Raleigh
- Police say he called 911 and told the operator he woke up from a dream and found his wife stabbed to death in their bedroom
- His wife, Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps, 29, was found dead from stab wounds
- During 911 call, he told operator he took more cold medicine then he should have and woke up to find blood all over him and knife on the bed
- He said: 'I can't believe I did this. Oh God. She didn't deserve this. Why?'

I don't really care about the sensationalism of the story as much as..."do you believe what he claims is possible?". My bullshit detector says "fuck no" but....

Because of the sleep issues I have I've wanted to try Ambien, but I've read too many stories of things going wrong. My step-dad used to be on it and he'd get up in the middle of the night and cook. A meal. No memory of it in the morning.

Once he woke up with a very black eye that he did not have when he went to bed. My mom is nearly deaf without her hearing aids and we've always wondered if maybe he went out and got into a bar fight over night. Crazy.

NC man tells 911 he awoke from dream and found wife dead | Daily Mail Online

- Matthew Phelps, 28, was arrested and charged with murder on Friday in Raleigh
- Police say he called 911 and told the operator he woke up from a dream and found his wife stabbed to death in their bedroom
- His wife, Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps, 29, was found dead from stab wounds
- During 911 call, he told operator he took more cold medicine then he should have and woke up to find blood all over him and knife on the bed
- He said: 'I can't believe I did this. Oh God. She didn't deserve this. Why?'
Ambien is evil, get a different prescription.
I don't know the side effects of that particular cold medicine, but it's possible.

Well, at least he's not claiming PTSD made him do it. :wall:

My first instinct is that it's BS. But I don't have a medical background, and I've seen what kinds of things people can do on a mix of Ambien and alcohol.

Interested to hear what the board's resident medical professionals have to say.

Back