Marine officer escapes punishment for stealing

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
It's always been that way, Brother...and it always will be....
Yep. And hey, I was a dumb Lance Corporal who got caught with a beer.

But other than that one in fraction I was a pretty good Marine, thinking about it now inconceivable that it should’ve cost me my good conduct medal.

Just to make me feel better, and to see if he would respond, I tweeted the above post to The Commandant.

This statement may piss a few people off, but the only group of people in the Marine Corps to enjoy more of a double standard than women Marines, are the officers.

A judge cannot reduce an officer in grade or give them a punitive discharge at a special court martial. He could have fined him though and chose not to in exchange for a guilty plea. The plea deal was very generous; I wonder if there was something shady going on with the evidence or something. The prosecutor may not have been confident in his of her case. Or the judge just wanted to quickly be done with it.

Last edited:
A judge cannot reduce an officer in grade or give them a punitive discharge at a special court martial. He could have fined him. The plea deal was very generous; I wonder if there was something shady going on with the evidence or something. The prosecutor may not have been confident in his of her case. Or the judge just wanted to quickly be done with it.
Thank you sir for commenting on this story.

Back