Marine Recon

Status
Not open for further replies.

18hstores

Unverified
Hey all. I’m not going to pull any punches here. I always wanted to be a navy seal. I went into meps and qualified for everything but the color vision test. I failed the plates with numbers in them. Missed 4 out of 14 I believe. I was given the Falant test. Got 3 of 8 right on the first try. Got 5 of 8 on the second try. Got 8 of 8 on the 3rd. I was told I was color blind and I was offered the job for cook or Religious Personnel. I went with RP, went back to the recruiters office and retook the test there and passed it. They told me I could retake the test once I was in, and just to sign anyway on RP. No disrespect to RPs or Cooks but it was not want I wanted to do. So I refused and that didn’t end well. The marine recruiter heard what happened next door, and called me in after the navy released me from DEP. He told me about Recon, which I did not know too much about. Nothing at all to be honest. He told me that my “technically colorblindness” wouldn’t dq me like it did for SEALs. I went and did some research online , and saw some post that said you couldn’t be colorblind to join recon. I presented this to my recruiter and he said that was for the intitial contract. What I showed him was “ UZ” I believe , and he said UZ was old sh*t and that HZ was the current recon enlistment option. Then he said that even if the initial requirements were normal color vision, that picking infantry and laterally transferring would not apply to those initial requirements and that I would be good to go. Am I being lied to?

Hey all. I’m not going to pull any punches here. I always wanted to be a navy seal. I went into meps and qualified for everything but the color vision test. I failed the plates with numbers in them. Missed 4 out of 14 I believe. I was given the Falant test. Got 3 of 8 right on the first try. Got 5 of 8 on the second try. Got 8 of 8 on the 3rd. I was told I was color blind and I was offered the job for cook or Religious Personnel. I went with RP, went back to the recruiters office and retook the test there and passed it. They told me I could retake the test once I was in, and just to sign anyway on RP. No disrespect to RPs or Cooks but it was not want I wanted to do. So I refused and that didn’t end well. The marine recruiter heard what happened next door, and called me in after the navy released me from DEP. He told me about Recon, which I did not know too much about. Nothing at all to be honest. He told me that my “technically colorblindness” wouldn’t dq me like it did for SEALs. I went and did some research online , and saw some post that said you couldn’t be colorblind to join recon. I presented this to my recruiter and he said that was for the intitial contract. What I showed him was “ UZ” I believe , and he said UZ was old sh*t and that HZ was the current recon enlistment option. Then he said that even if the initial requirements were normal color vision, that picking infantry and laterally transferring would not apply to those initial requirements and that I would be good to go. Am I being lied to?

Per the site rules your first post should be an Introduction.

With that said your very next post needs to be an Introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back