'Marines Make Excellent Soldiers': Over Half a Marine Tank Company Just Joined the Army National Guard

Kraut783

SOF Support
Good move, like that tankers are staying in the field.

'Marines Make Excellent Soldiers': Over Half a Marine Tank Company Just Joined the Army National Guard.

Staff Sgt. Kyle Dycus switched to the Guard to stay close to family. After initially wanting to stay in the tank community, he chose to try "a more real-world option for my future," and switched to information technology.

"I am looking at this from a positive aspect and I am thankful for this new opportunity," Dycus said in the Guard statement. "Change can often be a good thing."

My boys run that joint, glad to see those guys got the chance to switch. The move is literally across the street so hopefully the transition goes well.

I hope the Marines don’t try to lick the touch screens inside the A2 though.

Army commanders: Finally, my recruiting numbers are going up and manning is at a level to help my career.
Those same commanders a year or two later: Fucking Marine transfers got drunk, got high, sold drugs, 10 DUI's, hosted a party with underage girls, tried to shave a police dog, and punched a fast food mascot. That was between the July and August drills alone. I'm lucky if I make Major.
Everyone in a leadership position with more than 20 years: drops retirement papers.

Back