Medical personnel in 75th RR

Infinitejest12

Unverified
Hey guy. Just doing some research related to my interest in physicians in Special Ops. I have been reading about the 75th recently and was hoping that you could answer a few of my questions regarding the roles of Docs in the regiment.

1. Can they attend RASP 2 with other officers?
2. Are they technically Rangers (Beret, firearms training, etc.)?
3. How involved are they in combat? (Can they go on target, Jumps, raids, etc or do they just remain at HQ and direct the medics from there).

Best, Garry

Special Ops doctor to receive Hero of Military Medicine award

1) Yes
2 & 3) After watching the video and reading the subsequent story, What do you think...

Here, I'll make it easier with an exerpt.

"His operational assignments include four years with the 25th Infantry Division, nine years with the 75th Ranger Regiment, and two years with the U.S Army Special Operations Command. He has deployed to combat twelve times with the Rangers, nine times to Afghanistan and three to Iraq. He has conducted hundreds of combat ground and air missions as the senior medical provider for which he has received five Bronze Star medals, two Joint Service Commendation medals for valor, and two combat jump stars. "

Special Ops doctor to receive Hero of Military Medicine award

1) Yes
2 & 3) After watching the video and reading the subsequent story, What do you think...

Here, I'll make it easier with an exerpt.

"His operational assignments include four years with the 25th Infantry Division, nine years with the 75th Ranger Regiment, and two years with the U.S Army Special Operations Command. He has deployed to combat twelve times with the Rangers, nine times to Afghanistan and three to Iraq. He has conducted hundreds of combat ground and air missions as the senior medical provider for which he has received five Bronze Star medals, two Joint Service Commendation medals for valor, and two combat jump stars. "
Thanks!

Back