MEPS

Jnorton017

Unverified
Hello,

Has any one ever failed the color blind test and then given the chance to do a different test or get a retake and pass? I did mine at meps yesterday and failed by one. I've always passed at the doctors when they've gave it to me before. I was on the west coast last week for vacation and only got an hour of sleep still getting used to the time change so I'm not sure if that's what threw me off. The person at meps told me I can only have a retake if I get prescribed glasses. Now I know I can still get the job if that is my only option and I get prescribed glasses... is there any restrictions for someone with glasses or contacts that I might not know of?

Also I have never worn glasses in my life and never had a problem where I felt I needed to. If I do get prescribed glasses and end up passing the color test (which I know regular glasses wouldn't help) would I always have to wear those glasses or can I get by not wearing them after meps.

I failed both (color blind and depth preception) at MEPs when I applied to cross train into TACP, I retook both test and passed but to my knowledge (from medical) TACP is authorized to have glasses. I just spent 12 weeks assisting MTIs at BMT, if you are issued glasses you are required to wear them. After BMT during BFA prep and whatever pipe you choose that I do not know.

How did you get a retake? Before we were going to do my depth perception test (they did it at the end for some reason) with no one waiting in the room or in line and I asked if I could retake it (because it was next to the machine for depth perception) and she said the only way I can redo it is if I get prescribed glasses. I guess if glasses is my only option than that's what I will have to do. I was looking to go TACP but have looking into SR and putting in the extra time to do a little more pool work so I think any of them you can wear glasses. My recruiter (non SW recruiter) still only has CCT/TACP/SOWT requirements and said SOWT didn't need to pass the color test but online it says SR you need to. Thanks for the info on when I would have to wear the glasses.

I got to retake it because I'm already in the air force so I can just called medical and say "hey I need X". You need to reach out to your BFA recruiter for proper answers. He is there for these things, also has the resources to provide for recruits going into BFA career fields.

Back