Michigan State Police Emergency Support Team

Trooper99

Unverified
After my time with the Marine Corps I would like to to move to Michigan and stay there working as a Trooper. I've done a little bit of research on the MSP as a whole, but couldn't find much on the Emergency Support Team. What are the requirements to get on the team? How often does the team (more specifically tactical sub units) deploy? What's their equipment and training like? If nobody works for the Michigan State Police than any state police tactical Unit information will certainly suffice. Since I'm pretty sure they're all similar. Thank you so very much guys!

Last I knew you are invited to try out, you don't apply. It's been years since I knew anyone on it though so it may have changed but it used to be invite only. IT took a few years of working as local PD before they could even get hired by MSP even having a bachelors in criminal forensics.

*edit* Looks like it may have changed, this is from a few years ago.

Job Bulletin

Last edited:
Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself? You're not even in the Marine Corps yet and you're already planning your post-military career? BTW google Michigan State Police Emergency Support. And you can always call them up and ask them questions.

Last edited:
@Trooper99, step back and re-read your OP. It speaks a lot to "immaturity" which happens to be something that both of those organizations look down upon as a trait they don't want. There is more than ample information throughout the Internet that those questions can easily be answered.

We - the members here - like to pride ourselves on our ability to do some good ole fashioned digging to get our information. Try it, you will find that it *forces* you to grow and mature.

Don't read my post and feel that I am *fussing* you like a child, completely the opposite - I want you to grow in order to accomplish your missions.

Best of fortune with both!

I appreciate it guys! I feel I'll just focus on the Marine Corps now. Take it one step at a time. Take my time and focus on the present. Very thankful for the response guys!

You are all over the place. You've posted about two different MOSes in the Corps, now a post-Corps job that many troopers will never see.

Concentrate on your 5 meter target, which is passing your classes. Unless you're planning on dropping out to enlist, you're nowhere near the point where thinking about the Marine Corps at a micro level is worth your time. Ditto for MSP and SWAT.

Do your best now where you're at, work hard, and good things will come.

Back