Introduction

rando247365

Unverified
Greetings,

I am a 23-year-old software engineer living in Indiana and looking to enlist in the army. I made this decision on July 13, 2019, and I have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to train full time since then to pursue this goal. I am still some ways out from meeting the high physical and mental standards I have set for myself, which are based on the excellent advice posted on this site and others.

When deciding specifically what route I would like to take in the army, I landed on SOF, and particularly SF, due to mission set, scope of training, and op tempo (in that order). I am very competitive and I enjoy challenging myself physically and mentally. I welcome the added responsibility of working in a small team and the challenges that entails: first and foremost, pulling my own weight and secondly, contributing as much as I can to those around me. I place immense value on the ability to work well with others and provide value to a team, and I think the army as a whole (and specifically SF) is a great place to cultivate, strengthen, and test these qualities.

Because I don't have the relevant experience to provide value to anyone here, I will be keeping my posts limited to appropriate questions that I have not found the answer to after extensive research. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributes to this site with information about what SOF jobs entail and how to best prepare for them. The information you have provided was critical in my decision to enlist and has provided me with an added level of confidence in my preparation - two factors that surely bolster my chances of success in this journey. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Back