Military and ADHD

Does it impact on one's ability to get a security clrarance?

There are some jobs in the service that impose a permanent bar if you have ever ingested certain chemicals. For example, if you ever tried LSD, even if it was only one time over a decade ago, you are automatically DQ'd from ever holding an EOD position in the Army. I'm not sure if the meds commonly prescribed for the ADD/ADHD end of the spectrum would have the same negative effect, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I just want to thank everyone for their input on this topic, and even if it in someway hinders the process of my enlistment I will not give up. For now I am going to continue my PT and academics to not leave any shred of doubt that I am qualified to serve in Special Forces. I'm not trying to imply that I know even a quarter of what I need to know to be a competent SF soldier. I just refuse to quit or take no as an answer, and again gentlemen thank you for your service.

Way back in the dim dark past there was a female member of the forum, (name escapes me now, mebbe someone can enlighten me) who was doing a desk job in big army. It was driving her insane and she wanted to change jobs. She tested and was found to be ADHD, so they made her a Cobra pilot. There's horses for courses & courses for horses. My GF has it and she can multi-task the absolute shit out of anything.

Back