Military Free Fall team makes own history

121pfg7.jpg

Members of Operational Detachment – Alpha 074, Alpha Company, 3rd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne), were awarded the combat parachutist badge Aug. 14 for their participation in a combat standoff military free fall insertion into the Ninewah Province, north of the Iraqi Sinjar Mountain, in the early morning hours May 30, 2007. (Photo by Maj. Karla Owen)

hu20yb.jpg

Members of Operational Detachment – Alpha 074, Alpha Company, 3rd Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne), were awarded the combat parachutist badge Aug. 14 for their participation in a combat standoff military free fall insertion into the Ninewah Province, north of the Iraqi Sinjar Mountain, in the early morning hours May 30, 2007. (Photo by Sgt. Steven Phillips)

These guys make me jealous...! I was the test officer for their test of the PARANAV out in AZ before they deployed. Wish they would have used that on the jump... to the team daddy (who I served with in the 75th back in the '80s) and the Tech, great job pulling this off. Guess it helped having a BC who was qual'd too and understood the utility...

Back