MOH Recipient Passes Away

For average retirees, the wait for internment can be as long as 90 days. However, for a MoH winner and outstanding veteran, the wait time will be much shorter.

HAMMER11 said:
Here Jon was joined by two lifelong friends CSM Mark Christianson USASF

Who wasn't a CSM, wasn't awarded the Purple Heart, Silver Star or many other awards he adorned his uniform with that day.

The gaul to wear awards not authorized to such an event. Some guys just can't be proud to be who they are, even guys who've earned a SF tab - what a POS.

Rest easy SGM Caviani. I will see you in the AA.

Last edited:
Who wasn't a CSM, wasn't awarded the Purple Heart, Silver Star or many other awards he adorned his uniform with that day.

The gaul to wear awards not authorized to such an event. Some guys just can't be proud to be who they are, even guys who've earned a SF tab - what a POS.

Ummm.....wow.

The word from Arlington is apparently anywhere from 3-90 days, according to one of my cops who helps run the local MCLEF chapter.

Whenever it is, he and I (and many others) will be standing tall at Arlington as the CSM is laid to rest. I suspect I won't be the only SS member there.

I just spoke with a good friend at the Pentagon; as of last night, no one has contacted Arlington personnel about arrangements or time line for internment.

I was only relaying what had been sent to me by his family. However, I agree with you. I have never met Christianson.

I was only relaying what had been sent to me by his family. However, I agree with you. I have never met Christianson.

I knew you were passing along info. I just can't stand posers, regardless of how they do it, but especially when they pose at such somber and hollowed places.

The service at Arlington was awesome! The Old Guard gave Jon a magnificent send-off. There were 7 MOH
Holders . Rodger Donlon, Joe Marm and Brian Thacker among them. There was a reception after, at the Ft. Myers Officers club hosted by the SFA, the SF Charitable Trust and the Special Operations Assn.

This is him. How jacked-up is that uniform?

Murph

image.jpg

SGM Caviaini invited me to call him Jon multiple times, the first time was at Ft. Devens... I could not do it. the first time I met him at Devens, I did not know he was a recipient of THE medal, he was inprocessing me at 10th SFG(A) and immediately after all the paperwork he asked "So, you are here at 10th, you going to buy a coin?" Yes, I bought a coin ... I'm not stupid enough to fail to recognize a SGM letting me know it was something that needed to be accomplished, immediately. He then said..." I saw in your records that you went to TCU, did you get to meet MAJ Howard while you were there? It looks like you got to know Bill Brosius and Bob Hines... Now get lost, you need to finish your inprocessing." (and he was correct I did get to meet MAJ Howard once while he was finishing his Master's and SGM Brosius and MSG Hines were mentors of mine, they both actually told me that I would not commission but would be a SF NCO.) The rest of my time at Group and I met with SGM C. informally maybe 3 times.

Allow 20 years to pass... SHOT Show, Orlando... and it was like old home week when I met back up with him... and he even remembered me... I had lost the coin I bought from him all those years ago.... during Whidbey Island Race Week 6 months prior... and another SF guy got me 2 replacement 10th SFG(A) coins... which are not the same...

SGM was bigger than life, and nicer than one would expect... rough but cultured and always watching out for the people around him... I hope he's still watching out for me.

I am ashamed to say I could not make it to Philly and ANC... but I said a farewell last Wednesday, for we all lost an inspiration, and a true hero.

De Oppresso Liber, SGM... the number of SF and non SF attendees at your memorial and interment speak volumes about your impact on the communities in which you resided.

Back