Most used knots

Everytime I hear this statement, I get scared. If you say that on my tower, guaranteed I am double checking everything you do. :hmm:

Ha Ha. Love it. I'm guessing you're talking about a rapelling tower. We were shown how to tie gooduns then after that we were responsible for our own, that includes failure. BTW, a neat knot is a safe knot

A nice one we have here is the Murrumbidgee Frog knot.

Same site has some basic splicing.
http://www.animatedknots.com/splice/index.php

Ha Ha. Love it. I'm guessing you're talking about a rapelling tower. We were shown how to tie gooduns then after that we were responsible for our own, that includes failure. BTW, a neat knot is a safe knot

A nice one we have here is the Murrumbidgee Frog knot.

Same site has some basic splicing.
http://www.animatedknots.com/splice/index.php

Yes. My philosophy is "you tied it, you ride it", but some people get a little too relaxed for my tastes.

Agree with the "neat knot" philosophy. My first climbing/ropes instructor would fail you if the knot wasn't easily identifiable at a glance. Also if it wasn't proper, dressed, loaded, or safetied. :thumbsup:

I found a little tome with the lofty title of " Ropes & Knots" It's pretty comprehensive with category covered: bends, binding knots, braids, hitches & loops, etc. Knots for camping & building shelters, climbing, fishing and boating.
Published by Amber Books ISBN: 978-1-907446-94-8

Well this thread has turned into quite the yarn! I thought it was more than I could chew- but after a little bight I found that it was more than worth it! If you guys are thinking about stopping, you better knot!

Well....this post reminds us that Babe Ruth didn't hit a home run on every trip to the plate.

:D

Double sheet bend, most awesome knot ever.

In fact the other week we were hanging some pencil pleat curtains and the pleating strings came off the end and pulled out to half way. I didn't have a large guage needle but being the savvy man I am I simply threaded a normal needle, joined the threads with a double sheet bend and rethreaded them. Voila, awesome looking curtains.

And I know some of you will be sitting there reading this and thinking curtains = fag. Well all I have to say is A. I'm so straight when I move into a new house I brick up the back door and B. Chicks love curtains.

Double sheet bend, most awesome knot ever.

In fact the other week we were hanging some pencil pleat curtains and the pleating strings came off the end and pulled out to half way. I didn't have a large guage needle but being the savvy man I am I simply threaded a normal needle, joined the threads with a double sheet bend and rethreaded them. Voila, awesome looking curtains.

And I know some of you will be sitting there reading this and thinking curtains = fag. Well all I have to say is A. I'm so straight when I move into a new house I brick up the back door and B. Chicks love curtains.

Sounds like a lot of big talk to try convince yourself you aren't gay... :-/

:ROFLMAO:

Negative Ghostrider. I'm just putting it out there because I know of those "types" who would start salivating at the thought of my tight buttocks hanging curtains.

Negative Ghostrider. I'm just putting it out there because I know of those "types" who would start salivating at the thought of my tight buttocks hanging curtains.

As if their Pavlovian response requires the image of you hanging curtains....

Back