MSOB WO

F.CASTLE

Verified Military
Another 03 and I were sitting around bullshitting and started talking about leadership in MARSOC MSOTs as opposed to an ODA. We were wondering how the Warrant Officer fits into an MSOT. If you're already a WO how do you fit into a team once you've gotten through training? If you wanted to be a WO and you're already and enlisted CSO, are they sending guys to their own WO course? It seems like ODAs have a great pipeline for these guys, especially considering they get a lot of Team time.

I believe the team in our AO was actually lead by one rather than a regular O. I know our Gunners and other WO were awesome to have around, and I would assume its the same if they're with the MSOTs.

I know there was talk about possibly doing something along the same lines as the ODA's WO, but I haven't heard anything about in almost two years. I think right now the focuse is on building the force, so the "nice to haves" have taken a back seat for now.

I am an outsider but I follow MARSOC developments very closely. Under the latest T/O that I have seen, there is no slot for a WO in a MSOT, or a MSOC. And the latest (published in MARSOC site) screening criteria do not allow for any WO/Gunner applying. Just enlisted E-4 to E-6 and career designated 0-2 , or 0-3 with less than 1.5 years TIG, on the Officer side. Never seen a place for WOs in prior screening criteria either, at least for CSO. So I would be surprised if there was a MSOT with a WO Team Leader.

As Hitman who has first hand experience said, maybe later on.

On a side note, in SF the WO position took the place of the second (junior) Officer position, in the ODA, although in practice some ODAs have been/are commanded by 180A Warrants. The MSOT T/O currently has place for only one Officer.

Thanks for the insight Gents. Only reason it had been a debate is the MSOT working in our AO had a WO running their team from I believe. However they also had a Gunny who was obviously quite the Alpha. If you wanna get offline Uncle Petey or @Hitman 2/3 feel free to PM.... Perhaps I confused someone else's WO, but I doubt it.

tigerstr I highly doubt there will EVER be a Gunner in MSOB for quite a few reasons, #1 and #2 being they're old as fuck and they're too much of an asset at the Btln and Regimental level. Highly doubt those guys are gonna be given up. Course I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

tigerstr I highly doubt there will EVER be a Gunner in MSOB for quite a few reasons, #1 and #2 being they're old as fuck and they're too much of an asset at the Btln and Regimental level. Highly doubt those guys are gonna be given up. Course I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

I could see gunners being employed at each MSOB in their intended capacity, rather than as team leaders for the reasons you stated above. I mean, with the amount of sometimes exotic weaponry employed by MARSOC, I would think having a gunner acting as advisors to the BC would be a great asset. And really, it would only mean adding 3 or so more gunner billets to the fleet. How many are there these days? Like 58?

Thanks for the insight Gents. Only reason it had been a debate is the MSOT working in our AO had a WO running their team from I believe. However they also had a Gunny who was obviously quite the Alpha. If you wanna get offline Uncle Petey or @Hitman 2/3 feel free to PM.... Perhaps I confused someone else's WO, but I doubt it.

hit me up off line, when were you in Afgh and what area... in reference to the Gy your talking about.

Back