MSOT's fighting pirates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peefyloo

The ShanMan
Unverified
I'm thinkin FMF has trained to deal with pirate related crap... but does anyone think that certain ships in those "pirate-prone" areas would have a MSOT aboard?

Not enought MSOTs to go around with the wars going on. MEUs used to have SEALs too.

No more SEALs with the MEUs? That would explain them jumping into the drink instead of floating over with the Maleen. I can tell that you those grunts floating around would give their left nuts to shoot pirates...

I'm thinkin FMF has trained to deal with pirate related crap... but does anyone think that certain ships in those "pirate-prone" areas would have a MSOT aboard?

Wearing eye patches & drinking rum doesn't constitute anti-pirate training... }:-)

MEU-SOC-PRC

Marine Expeditionary Unit
Special Operations Capable
Pirate Related Crap

No more SEALs with the MEUs? That would explain them jumping into the drink instead of floating over with the Maleen. I can tell that you those grunts floating around would give their left nuts to shoot pirates...

Imagine being the recon platoon or scout sniper platoon on the MEU there watching the Navy parachute SEALs into the area to take care of the pirates.

Imagine being the recon platoon or scout sniper platoon on the MEU there watching the Navy parachute SEALs into the area to take care of the pirates.

Jeebus... I bet they were pissed. And I also bet every SEAL they know gave them a hard time about it...

I don't argue their fit for this mission. I just know Marines - and snipers in particular - would have been jonesing to take them out.

I don't argue their fit for this mission. I just know Marines - and snipers in particular - would have been jonesing to take them out.

I agree, bro, 100%. No argument here. And Marine snipers would have pulled it off with equal precision. And for all we know their CO might have even argued their case; but, hey, piracy, boats, ships, USN, ocean, water, H2O, ya gotta call the guys who check their hair in the mirror before they kill you.:cool:

Scout snipers may or may not have been the right fit, depends if they have trained for VBSS/MIO. Shooting from a boat is different than shooting from a platform that doesn't bob up and down.

Scout snipers may or may not have been the right fit, depends if they have trained for VBSS/MIO. Shooting from a boat is different than shooting from a platform that doesn't bob up and down.

Amen, bro, that's what I meant when I posted that the mission was made for the SEALs. (But I gotta give up some respect to the fellow Marines.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back