Mullah Omar for President!

Brooklynben

LSHD
Hamid Karzai says Taliban chief Mullah Omar can run for Afghan presidency
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ullah-Omar-can-run-for-Afghan-presidency.html

Mullah Omar has been wanted by the U.S. State Department since October 2001. There's a ten million dollar reward on his head. He sheltered Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda killers in the years prior to the September 11 attacks. He further had a hand in the planning of the 911 attacks, and is currently directing the Taliban's ongoing war against the U.S.-led NATO forces.

No problem! When Mullah Omar takes over, I'm sure the U.S. political spin masters will give the occasion a snappy name like; "Afghan Spring!"

Just last month, Barack Hussein Obama used the NATO summit to press Afghan leader Hamid Karzai to engage with greater urgency with the Taliban about a political settlement in Afghanistan. Obama doesn't seem to particularly care what kind of deal is struck nor what kind of threat might be left behind.

This past weekend Obama declared that Afghanistan was a "major non-NATO ally." The non-NATO ally declaration allows for streamlined defense cooperation, more money, expedited purchasing ability of American equipment, and easier export control regulations. The way things are heading, this should also make Mullah Omar very happy.

So... following this new enlightened path of reasoning..... if we can just get the damned gun-ho reactionary Brits to stop constantly arresting all those poor misunderstood 'peace loving' Muslims around the Olympic venue, we could all continue on in this wonderful world where sunshine and lolly-pops fall out our asses.

Things didn't go so well for Afghanistan- or for us- the last time Omar was in charge of Afghanistan.

Reading the braille, Karzai will step aside and become Minerals Minister, AKA Minister for Chinese Investment.

I don't know if he planned them, but he knew of them and asked AlQ/ UBL to take out Massoud as a result.

I don't recall reading that. All I've read is that AQ and the Taliban had a very testy relationship and AQ were making pains of themselves and didn't trust the Afghanis at all. I don't see any reason why Omar would even care about the attacks in all honesty.

I don't remember reading the Omar asked AQ specifically to take out Massoud, Massoud was as much AQ's enemy as he was Omar's. But doing it right before the attacks probably ensured that Omar was going to be a lot less pissy about it.

C'mon...cite some references or I will call you out for reposting blogosphere nonsense.

I don't recall reading that. All I've read is that AQ and the Taliban had a very testy relationship and AQ were making pains of themselves and didn't trust the Afghanis at all. I don't see any reason why Omar would even care about the attacks in all honesty.

The Taliban facilitated the travel of Mohammed Atta and 3 other hijackers from Pakistan to Afghanistan and handled their accomodations in both Quetta and Kandahar.

As early as Oct. 1999 the CIA's Counterterrorist Center was warned by Massoud that AlQ in Afghanistan was protected/ hosted by the Taliban as well as the links between the two and the ISI.

As early as 1997 the Taliban had attempted to assassinate Massoud using Arab and Pakistani members of AlQ, and it was Arabs working for AlQ who would kill Massoud on 9/9/01. UBL's alliance with the TB is extensively documented.

The rank and file were pissed off at each other from time-to-time and AlQ clearly treated the TB as second class citizens, but the leadership of both organizations were BFF's from Day One and their organizations acted accordingly.

Back