Murdered Baltimore homicide detective was due to testify against fellow officers indicted for drug-dealing

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
I saw this story last week ago and thought, "fucking Baltimore. Rest in Peace, officer."

Then it got significantly more disturbing when I read the update this morning.

Slain Baltimore cop was set to testify against fellow cops | Daily Mail Online

Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis has claimed that there is no link between Suiter's death and the drug-running indictment.
'The BPD and the FBI do not possess any information that this incident is part of any conspiracy,' Davis told the Baltimore Sun.

Really? That's the line you are going with? Awesome! Of course we believe you. <I want the head-into-brick-wall emoji back>

That was one brave detective, I cannot imagine the pressure he must have felt. Rest in Peace, sir.

Homicide, Life on the Streets has always been in my Top3 list of TV shows ever made. I've always wondered if real chiefs -of-police and commissioners were as slimy of politicians as they are portrayed on that show.

It's very likely a line to try and get those guys to relax their guard a bit. They know how it all works though.

Fucking cunts.

Could be a coincidence...but cops in league with drug rings don't have to do the deed...just drop a hint to their business partners that the guy needs to be whacked.

RIP Detective.

I saw this story last week ago and thought, "fucking Baltimore. Rest in Peace, officer."

Then it got significantly more disturbing when I read the update this morning.

Slain Baltimore cop was set to testify against fellow cops | Daily Mail Online

Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis has claimed that there is no link between Suiter's death and the drug-running indictment.
'The BPD and the FBI do not possess any information that this incident is part of any conspiracy,' Davis told the Baltimore Sun.

Really? That's the line you are going with? Awesome! Of course we believe you. <I want the head-into-brick-wall emoji back>

That was one brave detective, I cannot imagine the pressure he must have felt. Rest in Peace, sir.

Homicide, Life on the Streets has always been in my Top3 list of TV shows ever made. I've always wondered if real chiefs -of-police and commissioners were as slimy of politicians as they are portrayed on that show.

...many of us thought this would be the conclusion... Sources: Evidence Shows Baltimore Detective Sean Suiter Took His Own Life

Last edited:
Absolutely not.

I don't either. Based SOLEY on what I've read, I have yet to see any evidence of a GSR performed on Suiter. If I missed it, please feel free to provide a link.

Weapon location vs POI of the fatal wound. The single round that killed him entered behind his right ear and traveled forward, exiting from his left temple. Picture this for a minute. If you had the semi automatic, envision holding the weapon while standing, in such a manner, as to take the shot, using an extremely weird handhold on the grip, let alone the trigger, fall face down and have the weapon land underneath you, before you fell. If a weapon such as this was fired in the manner that is claimed, one would figured the resting place for it due to recoil (Backwards, away from from the skull) and possible loss of motor function and neuro loss, would be away from the body and not under it.

3 shots total. Only 1 round accounted for. Where are the other 2? And why were they fired if Suiter committed suicide? Were they fired simply in an attempt to throw off follow up investigators?

Radio traffic - Which indicates evidence of a struggle between Suiter and his killer. The radio transmission contained the sound of apparent gunfire, and evidence of a struggle, later visible on Det. Suiter’s clothing. There was the brief radio transmission made by Suiter. It's not known exactly what he said, but according to the investigators, he was clearly in distress.

Sgt. Wayne Jenkins, Maurice Ward and timing of this incident - (The day before his planned testimony) How long had Jenkins and Ward been dirty? How many of their connections had the know how and the wherewithal to pull off a crime such as this with inside help or assistance? We may never know exactly how many, but I guarantee they had the inside dope with more than just one dirt bag.

FBI non involvement - For the life of me, this one has me absolutely baffled. The DOJ seems to have no problem whatsoever, allocating time and unlimited resources for someone brought to their attention, who has allegedly been killed unjustly or unfairly. Hell, that even extends to treatment of a subject. Why refuse the request for assistance in a case where there are still more questions than answers? Especially in a city with a track record of problems such as Baltimore?

Maybe it's me or maybe, this is a shitshow that stinks as bad as it seems.

Absolutely not.

Note: My argument is based solely a few observations and hearsay. I'll attempt to make a long story short. So, let's look at this situation from a different angle.

Suiter, a Homicide Detective, was to testify in a Federal Grand Jury the day prior to his death. One can only assume that his testimony would have provided additional evidence/statements regarding information that the gov't already knew. It was later testified in court that Suiter had participated several times with the Gun Trace Task Force even though he was not a member.

The location of the shooting was located in an area where there was no video/camera coverage for several blocks. Was this location predetermined? True, there were 3 shots heard as described by his partner who also was not in position to observe the incident. His partner also did not observe anyone else in the area.

The testimony that Suiter would have given would have resulted in his being fired/suspended from the BCPD. He eventually would have lost his pension upon being fired. I believe he had about 18 years of service at the time of his death. He was married with five children. When a Baltimore City Police office loses his/her life in the line of duty, their family/spouse receives his life insurance, pension and the children receive full scholarships for college. Hmmm...looking out for his family?

Testimony from a bail bondsman, Donald Stepp who had been working for Sgt Jenkins selling the stolen drugs and guns stated that Gondo and Suiter had been stealing. Word on the street had it that Suiter was dirty.

Another rumor has it that the insurance company was also investigating the shooting.

The last piece of hearsay is that powder residue was found at the wound site.

As far as the criminality of these officers...Gondo is known to have been doing the dirty since 2005, many years prior to the formation of the Gun Trace Task Force. Proof that the corruption had been around for a very long time.

$.02

I have more to say and add to this topic, but for now, I'm going to hold off, until the IRB findings are published and the news conference is over and done.

It's helpful to remember here, that after all, this is in fact, Baltimore we're talking about.

I have more to say and add to this topic, but for now, I'm going to hold off, until the IRB findings are published and the news conference is over and done.

It's helpful to remember here, that after all, this is in fact, Baltimore we're talking about.

True...we are talking about Baltimore. A broken city controlled by a corrupt city administration and a police department that is not trusted by the people of Baltimore. There is that one question yet unanswered...what was the driving force behind the FBI's decision not to investigate.

Back