My first SBR build

CAL

got silk?
SOF Support
Awhile back I bought a couple lower receivers as a sympathy gift to myself that Obama was elected President, before the prices got silly. I didn't really have a purpose at the time for the lowers, but I eventually decided to build a suppressed .22 SBR on the AR platform with one of them (the other is still just hanging around for now). It was a long time to wait on the BATFE, but it was well worth it. A few weeks ago I got my first tax stamp from the BATFE (for the SBR) after about a 3 month wait, and as such I ordered my 5.5" Spike's Tactical .22LR upper receiver that arrived in the mail today. I also bought an SWR Spectre suppressor, but my form is still hanging out with the ATF so I can only visit it at my FFL dealer for now. Attached are pics of phase I of my SBR build (phase II being the suppressor). I got a fake suppressor for the barrel as a placeholder until my can gets to come home. The real suppressor will be skinnier and a bit longer so it will stick out a bit from the FF rails. I went with the 5.5" bbl because I wanted to stay as close to Hollywood quiet as I can.

Specs:

Stag lower reciever
Spike's Tactical upper receiver (5.5" bbl)
YHM mini FF rails
Hogue pistol grip
Magpul CTR stock
ARMS mount w/ cantilever extension
Aimpoint Comp ML2

Attachments

• IMG_4042.jpg
    IMG_4042.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4043.jpg
    IMG_4043.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 55
I think it looks cool now...
what kind of mag does that .22 upper take...and it just goes in the standard magwell?
I've never played with a .22 AR upper.

I sure wish I coulda got a stag lower when I shoulda!

I think it looks cool now...
what kind of mag does that .22 upper take...and it just goes in the standard magwell?
I've never played with a .22 AR upper.

I sure wish I coulda got a stag lower when I shoulda!
I've got a BlackDog magazine. It is shaped and functions like a standard magazine but takes .22LR cartridges.

Nice! I have yet to be able to talk myself into pulling the trigger on an SBR and/or a suppressor. I just keep buying ammo, reloading supplies and magazines.

Back