Need a M24?

Brill

SOF Support
For Mil
http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Sales-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf

They'll be taking 2,000 of these capable (and pre-customized by the soldiers who carried them) sniper rifles and selling them on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to military snipers, active and reserve duty military, retired military, and law enforcement, respectively.

For Civ
http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Raffle-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf

Two thousand more will be raffled off, $5 gets you one ticket, $20 gets you five, and a benjamin gets you thirty tickets. All proceeds will go to the Fisher House Foundation, which provides comfort homes for wounded soldiers and their families, for free.

lol I can see them being the most beat up in the Army. But even so depending on price (less than $1,000) I would buy one for the stock and action. I have a patriot arms 5R barrel that was going on my PSS. I could see doing a rebarrel, chamber ream and trueing the bolt... it would make for a good "cheap" build. But I would be willing to bet these are going to go for a couple g's especially if its the full M24 kit...

Well, 1300 for the scope, and 3400 for a new m24 minus all the stuff you get. So, figure 2-3K for one of these... but I think you're way off the mark with "most beat up in the army" because they're putting a new trigger, action, and barrel on them, and they're only going to sell the serviceable ones of what they get anyway.

Toss the case, cleaning kit, sling, and that it'll meet the same requirements as "new issue" for the same system? Think it's a good deal, personally even at 3k for what you're getting.

Well, 1300 for the scope, and 3400 for a new m24 minus all the stuff you get. So, figure 2-3K for one of these... but I think you're way off the mark with "most beat up in the army" because they're putting a new trigger, action, and barrel on them, and they're only going to sell the serviceable ones of what they get anyway.

Toss the case, cleaning kit, sling, and that it'll meet the same requirements as "new issue" for the same system? Think it's a good deal, personally even at 3k for what you're getting.
Wife and I are discussing this, I need to get a job so we can afford one (probably won't happen thought)

I don't disagree with what you are saying, I did not read that they were rebarreling, new triggers and reduing the action, etc. If that is the case and it is coming with a full kit, than yeah $3,000 would be worth it. I would not buy an M24 for that, mainly b/c there are better PR guns that I would rather drop the money on...

I read in the Army Times that they are going for 3,500 benjamins and they are only producing at a rate of 200 a month. There is also a hierarchy of who gets first shot at one. SF/Active duty/NG-Reserve/SWAT/ then I think it goes on to any ff/cop then any civvie. Trying to get to the article, but forgot the password to my friends account to check and make sure what I'm spouting off is accurate.

Back