New DIA Director and Dep DNI

RetPara

SOF Support
This is getting really strange... I can remember Gen Keith Alexander as a LTC and Gen Flynn as a company grade officer.... Hell I remember discussions about the lack of a future that Gen Zahner had as a 2LT....

For that matter I remember when Gary Harrell put a price on my head.....

Obama nominates general with ties to Fort Bragg

By Henry Cuningham
Military editor
President Obama has nominated Army Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn to be director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in Washington, the Pentagon announced Tuesday.
He is the former director of intelligence at Fort Bragg's Joint Special Operations Command.
The nomination includes reappointment to the rank of lieutenant general. The director is a three-star military officer who serves as principal adviser to the secretary of defense and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on military intelligence.
The agency has more than 16,500 military and civilian employees worldwide.
Flynn is assistant director of national intelligence for partner engagement in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence in Washington.
The Middletown, R.I., native received his commission through the ROTC program at the University of Rhode Island in 1981. He also has been assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division and 18th Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg.
The president also nominated Army Maj. Gen. Theodore C. Nicholas to be Flynn's replacement.
The nomination includes appointment to the rank of lieutenant general.
Nicholas is deputy director of the Signals Intelligence Directorate at the National Security Agency at Fort Meade, Md.
He was the 18th Airborne Corps assistant chief of staff for intelligence and commander of the 82nd Airborne Division's 313th Military Intelligence Battalion.
The Senate must confirm the nominations.
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/17/1171843?sac=fo.local

Flynn was my brigade commander at Fort Huachuca and my J2 at JSOC. Perfect guy for this job, IMO.

Maybe you can ride some coattails, LOL.

lol

I'd do that gladly. But I'm afraid I was too far down the org chart for him to remember me, and I don't think I ever had any spectacular successes (or failures :-/ ) that would put me on his radar.

It may be that Mara really HOPES he doesn't remember him..... At that level though a lot of GO's really do like being able to do good things for people that served with them earlier....

Back