New Guy Intro

IT101

Verified Military
Good morning/afternoon/evening folks (it's half past midnight here),
My name is Jeremy. I am active duty Navy, chatting at you from across the pond in Germany. My current profession is as an Information Systems Technician, but I work for an unspecified three-letter agency (nobody spectacular, I assure you). I have been in my career field for around 7-1/2 "wonderful" years, hopping from shore to Iraq and back, a ship, and now I reside on a landlocked Army post. My dream is to someday walk amongst the fabled characters of world renown, known by their motto as DoD's Finest Communicators; it may not be a glamorous job of stalking "the bad guys", but my belief is the skillset these guys possess is truly unique.

Though I have no aspirations of joining the Elite forces, I pulled the trigger on joining this site after seeing the variety of topics and professionalism displayed around here. No, I'm not pandering to win brownie points- it is refreshing to see a place where good conduct and ethics are enforced.

As a side note, I'm not one of those Helpdesk guys that requires a ticket to provide any assistance. If you have any IT-related questions, feel free to hit me up and I'll do my best to get an answer or point you in the right direction.

-Germ

Welcome and thank you for your service.
Have you done any work currently or previously with any IS guys?

Again, many thanks for the warm welcomes!

Well, TheSiatonist, if the Chinese can hack our satellites (albeit environment-monitoring... Seriously?), then I should be able to hook you up with... *Alert, sorry, this user no longer exists*

Actually, SkrewzLoose, my only encounter with the mysterious IS folks was with an ISC (E-7) on my ship who, well, I don't really know what he did.

Back